Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hakka Unicorn Kung Fu

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    They still have an active Kei-lun at the dai pun association in NY Chinatown.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Ten tigers thanks! I'll look into it.

Hakka unicorn style

Quote Originally Posted by bai she View Post
    I don't believe this is the same system. I heard it was from Hawaii and the man who brought it there was Wong jut fatt. Other then him there is very little info and appears to be a closed system still. I know there are some old threads on this forum but those that had some knowledge haven't responded to my inquiries. I was hoping there might be video or knowledge of current teachers.
    bai she , you ' re right , there was a sifu named Sifu Wong Jook fut who was teaching in Hawaii until he passed away . It ' s very interesting how kung fu/ Tai Chi magazine had featured an article concerning Hakka Unicorn Style Kung fu .

I know the sifu who preserved this particular style of kung fu , this style features 1 - chi kung set , which leads into 1 - set . But it ' s pretty much a close range style of kung fu with very fast lightinging strikes to certain parts of the human body , I was lucky to have learned the style too myself . Because the sifu who taught this style to me was very speedy too .

But the way I learned this style is very different from the way the photos in the kung fu / tai chi magazine featured the moves . The main reason why it was called unicorn style was because the footwork that the style used was unicorn footwork , which is being used in those unicorn dances . The footwork was design to lock up the opponents footwork when comming into contact with the opponent themselves .

Take Care ,
    Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    That is most certainly not what the OP was looking for. I will just leave it at that.
    Well if you won't tell him, I will.

From that site:

Chi Lin Chuan Fa was what he taught in Morgantown, West Virginia during the mid to late 1970's. The animal styles of Tiger. Crane, Leopard, Monkey, Butterfly, Dragon and Snake, just to name a few, make up this style. The art was changing, as he grew older and his perceptions about his movement, body alignment and power changed. In 1978 he began calling his art, Chi Ling Pai Gung Fu
    ergo...this is not hakka unicorn style at all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    bai she , you ' re right , there was a sifu named Sifu Wong Jook fut who was teaching in Hawaii until he passed away . It ' s very interesting how kung fu/ Tai Chi magazine had featured an article concerning Hakka Unicorn Style Kung fu .

I know the sifu who preserved this particular style of kung fu , this style features 1 - chi kung set , which leads into 1 - set . But it ' s pretty much a close range style of kung fu with very fast lightinging strikes to certain parts of the human body , I was lucky to have learned the style too myself . Because the sifu who taught this style to me was very speedy too .

But the way I learned this style is very different from the way the photos in the kung fu / tai chi magazine featured the moves . The main reason why it was called unicorn style was because the footwork that the style used was unicorn footwork , which is being used in those unicorn dances . The footwork was design to lock up the opponents footwork when comming into contact with the opponent themselves .

Take Care ,
    Lance

LANCE,

Is there any more about the system toucan share?

Bai she

I have some old video tapes of the Hakka unicorn style that I got from a guy in Hawaii years ago .I remember some of the system but ill have to look at the video tapes to see whats on them there also was a article on the system.

Lightbulb Instructional Videos on Hakka Unicorn Kung Fu

Sifu Tyler Rea is teaching some elements of this art on www.TambuliMedia.com. Look under the Chinese Arts section.