Afterward, her friends congratulated her on her successful surgery. She also got some compliments from coworkers. One day, while rehearsing what they would say on TV, she couldn't help but notice that a fellow host was blatantly staring at her breasts. Zhang asked him jokingly why he kept glancing over at her. "I can see the surgery was very successful!" the guy blurted out.

Zhang says that she doesn't regret her choice, emphasizing that her own self-confidence is what is most important to her. Her decision to undergo plastic surgery was her own way of making herself feel more beautiful. Hosting her live online show half a month after the surgery, she gained scores of new followers on the first day back.

With her self-confidence at an all-time high. She decided to sign up for the 6th Annual International Breast Model Contest. The competition is put on every year in Hefei, Anhui by a local plastic surgery clinic. Zhang competed with a host of other buxom young ladies, including one woman from Italy -- which makes it "international" we suppose.

To really wow the judges, Zhang went with a daring tactic, bringing her own child with her on stage. That move seems to have won her the crown. "Life is like a challenge. The hosting industry tends to favor beauty and youth. I wouldn't be where I am right now if I didn't seize opportunities," she said with pride.

Hopefully, Zhang doesn't read about herself on the internet, because most netizens seem to be less than excited for her success, instead criticizing her for going under the knife.
"She won the competition because she has fake breasts, am I right? Young girls should look up to natural beauty not fabricated beauty!" one web user wrote in disgust.
"She may not regret her choice now, but she will in the future. Confidence shouldn't come from plastic surgery. People who have a positive attitude towards life will have confidence naturally," another argued.
Incidentally, this makes two international breast model contests in a row that were won by women who recently got a boob job. We're beginning to think the whole thing is rigged.

By Katie Ngai
[Images via Sina]
I thought there was another post on this topic because I usually wait until there are three to split something into an indie thread. But in this case, a pair of posts is plenty.