Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Perhaps a thread to put up you favorite songs-

Mandarin Katyusha

Chinese Military Women matched to the song "Katyusha" sung in Mandarin

[

A Different Rendition in the following Link: Beautiful Chinese Military Women (Katyusha) HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJZc1AAklY
    Last edited by wolfen; 10-30-2016 at 11:19 PM.
    "顺其自然"

Reaching way back in time for this one

Katyusha Once More - Dancing

I don't get tired of this song.

This solo dance routine by Anna Kochanova to the song Katyusha, in Podolsk, Russia 2013. is quite charming

"顺其自然"

A Song for the Times from the Talented Mr. Steyn

Yes, it really is Mark Steyn Author of:
    America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It
    and After America: Get Ready for Armageddon

Last edited by wolfen; 10-31-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    "顺其自然"

Reaching back... 70s radio hits... nostalgia in a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    Reaching back... 70s radio hits... nostalgia in a bucket

LOL they used to play this one along with Carly Simon You're so vain, on a loop back when I was 18 working for Savon Drugs.

Good memories of that place and time.

K-Pop - Hello Venus

The K-Pop Group Hello Venus Hit single released Jan 8, 2015

Wiggle Wiggle

"顺其自然"

Classic 70s female vocalist again... quite a different style but an amazing (and tragic) artist nonetheless. The video in particular really captures the period... you don't see stuff like this nowadays.

Just one more, if you'll indulge me.... in case anyone still needs convincing. Soft rock/pop hasn't every been very trendy, but for what it's worth it can be amazing in so many ways... The things you can find on Google-owned Youtube these days

I agree that Karen Carpenter had an awesome voice. I've always detected a touch of sadness when I hear her songs, even the happier ones.

Janis Joplin barely made it into the 1970s, and it would be interesting to see how she would have evolved as an artist had she lived. Her earlier songs were often way intense; she was perhaps the most intense singer up to that point, leaving other singers like Grace Slick and Mama Cass in awe. Shortly before her death, Janis was advised to start changing her singing style or risk having a short career by destroying her vocal cords. It was advice she took to heart. This song is an example of the direction she was headed:

Janis Joplin, totally! So much explosive talent, power and soulfulness at such a young age. Must be proof of reincarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I agree that Karen Carpenter had an awesome voice. I've always detected a touch of sadness when I hear her songs, even the happier ones.
    A huge touch of sadness, yeah. That's the twist that really makes the music. It's all over her face and body language in the videos too. And they put them in this 70s TV environment that doesn't want to have anything to do with that. It's weird watching this stuff so many years later, being so much older than those kids. They were grownups and heroes,..... now, knowing more about what people are about you can see them differently. Hard to describe. Less perfect more human.
    Last edited by rett2; 11-02-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Very true. It often happens that high-level art is born out of pain.

And yes, I do believe in reincarnation, for reasons I won't go into here. Perhaps the soul chooses certain life conditions that will help bring forth certain previous/inherent talents that it wants to express.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-02-2016 at 09:19 AM.

K-pop 2ne1 - i am the best

Dance while the world burns!

I am the Best released June 24, 2011 and under Capitol Records on December 10, 2014 in the United States

2NE1 - 내가 제일 잘 나가(I AM THE BEST) M/V

"顺其自然"