Thank goodness he survived. Cutting weight sucks.

MMA fighter Clovis Hancock, who 'died' in the cage,' recovering
Nov 6, 2017
ESPN staff

MMA fighter Clovis "CJ" Hancock is recovering after he "died" when his heart stopped during a fight in Houston on Friday.

The Arizona-born Hancock needed to be revived after receiving a kick from Charlie Ontiveros in the Legacy Fighting Alliance fight. He posted on his Facebook page: "I cut too much weight my kidneys failed and my heart stopped I'm okay now, still at the hospital" in response to a fan's comment.
Cj Hancock
on Friday

Well I died tonight in the cage.... I'm okay. Thanks everyone. I'll reply when I can. My heart stopped, and I had kidney failure , they did cpr and hit me with the defibrillator twice and brought me back. Still unsure why it happened. I had a hard weight cut. Doc says I shouldn't fight again.... I'm broken , I guess I'll just be a coach from now on.... I still plan on competing in Brazilian Jiu jitsu and BJJ superfights , when I get better. Thanks to everyone that supported me!
He later posted: "I died tonight in the cage. My heart stopped, and I had kidney failure, they did CPR and hit me with the defibrillator twice and brought me back. Still unsure why it happened. I had a hard weight cut.

"Doctor says I shouldn't fight again ... I'm broken, I guess I'll just be a coach from now on ... I still plan on competing in Brazilian Jiu jitsu and BJJ superfights, when I get better. Thanks to everyone that supported me."

Cj Hancock
on Sunday
Big thanks to my brother and best friend Dallas Paskell for the shirt and reading material that he just so happen to write himself! Also thanks to all my students and friends that visited me and brought me goodies! Oscar Abdu Michael Carlos and the rest thanks fellas means a lot!!! After 8 bags of saline I'm back up to 206. Feeling much better just got home from the hospital. Feeling a little sick and out of it from the medications.

He wrote on social media Sunday night to reassure fans that after eight bags of saline, he was recovering at home.