Thread: Science Vs Pseudoscience {Can you prove it?}

Threaded View

wiz cool c:

Unfortunately, I've encountered people like that in various MA. But for some reason, I've noticed that it seems particularly common in CMA. Prior to CMA, I trained in JMA, KMA, 'modern, Americanized' MA, kickboxing, and some FMA. And later, I also trained BJJ for a short while (admittedly, only a year). I've met great people in all, of course, but I've also met arrogant, smug people in many arts. However, I've encountered the most by far in CMA.

No matter how long I've trained, I've always felt like just a practitioner, nothing more. I'll never put myself above another person. But I also will not discount my own experience, or allow someone to belittle me, or try to twist my words to use against me, either. There are many passive-aggressive types who believe they can get away with belittling others to make themselves look or feel bigger than they are, and count on the belief that the person will not call them out on it. For some reason, this very type seems especially prevalent in CMA. I'm not certain why that is, although I do have a theory that I won't discuss here.

I've also experienced more instances of dishonesty from some CMAists than in any other MA category (i.e., trying or willing to 'screw you over').

If this sounds like I'm dumping on CMA, well, I'm not. I'm merely speaking a truth. If I didn't love the CMA I've studied or experienced their true worth, I would have dropped it long ago. It's exactly BECAUSE I love it that I wish it weren't so. I've had great teachers and met many good friends through CMA. But one cannot deny the fact that there are also many arrogant, passive-aggressive and con-man types in the arts as well, who care nothing about uplifting others, their arts, or even themselves, for that matter. As I said, I love and respect the MA, just not all the people in them.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-18-2019 at 12:02 PM.