Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kay-see:Whos better Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee.....

1. Talking

I thought Richard is a good friend of Tibet,he has met Dalai Lama and so on.
    I donīt know about China though,I guess China has itīs hit and misses.
    If you want to discuss about rodents,Iīm the right person to turn to,I do have over six years of experience on rodents,expecially hamsters (and I know stuff about gerbils too).
    There is a great site www.petwebsite.com which has great discussions on rodents and other animals.
    There are many other excellent rodent sites on www too if you do a small search.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

alameda(san fransisco bay area), california
    sorry but Jackie chan is a fricken clown superstar not a martialist, I like the guy but he needs to get new scriptwriters for his movies they are all the same just with different names. He's a comedian not a warrior so don't try to compare him to Bruce Lee.
    ---------------------------"uh oh, what is going to happen next?"

Castleva, my guess is that you're unfamiliar with what Richard Gere did with a gerbil, otherwise you wouldn't have expressed your love for them so adamently
    Bruce Lee, without a doubt. Lets look at their accomplishments.
    Bruce: Studied Wing Chun for 19 years, studied under Yip Man. Created his own martial art that has become extremely popular and is considered to be extremely effective. He's also studied several dozen other arts briefly to get their jist.
    Jackie: Learned his martial arts at a theatre school, has had various training on the sets of several movies. Has made lots of action movies.

Hands down the answer should be Bruce Lee.

bruce lee studied wing chun for 19 years?

news to me. ryu, would you please call bruce and get the final word on this?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    bruce lee studied wing chun for 19 years?
    Don't think so, because I heard that he only reached the green sash and if he started at the age of 14 and did it for 19 years, he would be 33. He only learned WC for couple of years when he started to construct his own way. He didn't do WC his entire life.

BRUCE only studied wing chun for 4 years before moving to the USA. He then got into boxing and some other arts. He did run into WONG SHUN LEUNG, YIP MAN and HAWKIN CHEUNGs when he was in HK...and I'm sure they talk about WING CHUN. Wong Shun Leung and Hawking Cheung has interviews of their last encounter with BRUCE and how his fighting changed.
    A

Kungfu guy is being a sarcastic b astard trying to stir up trouble

Jackie Chans 1st movie was enter the dragon, according to Inside Kung-fu.

Hes the guy who trys to kiss BL's sister when BL's dad or whatever is telling the story about Han's guys coming to the island after the last tournament.

Jackie gets kicked in the nuts at first, and then later gets to beotch slap her, before getting kicked and punched some more. I dont remember seeing him elsewhere in the movie, Im sure hes a cronie along the lines...
    strike!

Normaly I'd agree with you, Nafanal, but not in this case
    It states in the Tao of Jeet Kune Do that he studied wing chun for 19 years.

Hi KFG.

Does it say the studied or practiced for 19 years.

My understanding was 4 yrs study, 15yrs of practice.

Unless the Book lists who he studied under in the USA.

Just curious.

he studied at temple kf back in their wc days.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Thumbs up Let's see what he really says...

*Ring ring ring*

*ring ring ring*

*ring ring.... Hello?

Ryu: Hey Bruce!

Bruce: (damm the world).... Hello, Ryu.

Ryu: We've got a question were puzzled about.

Bruce: Really? Is it a Jeet Kune Do question?

Ryu: Well yeah, kind of.

Bruce: Ah! Well that's more like it! What's the question? I can answer it for you.

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan??

Bruce: .................................. What??

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan?

Bruce: I thought this was a Jeet Kune Do question?

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan with Jeet Kune Do?

Bruce: He was a friend of mine. Why would I want to beat him up? He helped me on a lot of films.

Ryu: Yeah and you kicked his butt!

Bruce: I .... it's just a movie, man!

Ryu: So you couldn't beat him up?

Bruce: Listen man, if I wanted to beat anyone up I'd find any and all ways to do it. My philosophy is you'd better kill me before I get you. That's different then movie fighting, right?

Ryu: Uh.... it ...um... movies are....

Bruce: Don't hurt yourself...

Ryu: Movies... movies... different? Okay wait I got it! Um... you are ... um... movies are good because...

Bruce: *click*

Ryu: No no, I can do it! Movies... see they....no....
    to fight in a movie is real... wait...
    hold on, I'm getting it... comparing your movie skills and real life skills is silly...no wait that can't be it...
    Last edited by Ryu; 03-08-2002 at 03:56 AM.
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Oh yeah, the WC question ....oops.

*ring ring ring*

Bruce: I know it's you again.

Ryu: Okay it's a real question this time.

Bruce: Go ahead.

Ryu: How long did you study WC?

Bruce: About 5 years or so in Hong Kong, and I continued practicing and studying here in the states too. It was a big part of my Jeet Kune Do.

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan with it?

Bruce: *click*
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Talking

ryu:

thanks. now that we have that cleared up, let's go get some smoothies.