Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade Protein Shakes

Lightbulb

FYI - there is some new research showing that supplements are potentially harmful. It has also been uncovered that whey isolate is carcinogenic (you aren't allowed to dump this stuff at a landfill). So, ask yourselves 'do I want to ingest this stuff?'.

Humans should be able to get all the nutrients they require from a high quality, balanced diet. Protein supplements cost more than they are worth. High protein diets can cause more trouble than benefit.

If you want to increase your protein intake - do some research and thenuse naturally occuring protein sources like tuna and liver.

If you are interested check out "Fit For Life" by Harvey Diamond. It's a no-BS guide to eating properly.

We all know that as martial artists a health diet and lifestyle is paramount.

Here's to your health!
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Oh yes I am very familiar with these.. This is how I make them..

First you sit on your hand for 15 minutes- wait until it gets good and numb

(oh ****it wrong site)
    Arhat of Fury

TaoBoy,

Please point us to where this research exists. I'd like to see it, especially considering the fact that whey exists in milk and cottage cheese and....

If whey is so toxic, we all need to stop eating and drinking dairy...unless of course, it's some sort of claim that the whey "becomes" toxic during the cold-filtering process, in which case, I'd still like to see the research and see how they came up with it.

Thanks.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Silumkid,

Fair point.

I have actually been looking for the evidence myself.
    It was something that was told to me by a chiro. An interesting
    view point thought I. So, I've shared it. My thinking - if it's as toxic as he has mentioned, how can companies legally produce it?
    Anyway, I don't have the evidence - so for that I apologise.

Regarding dairy - I believe we should be avoiding it anyway. Name another animal that drinks the milk from a different species.
    I - for one - have never seen a cat suckling a pig.

And my original point: we can get all the nutrients we need from a healthy, balanced diet...and it's often cheaper.

Each to their own!
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Originally posted by TaoBoy
    I - for one - have never seen a cat suckling a pig.
    B e a u t i f u l !

Actually, the chemical make up of different milks ain't that different, so I'm pretty sure I can drink cows milk! Either that or you know some very compliant women!

I think the problem with protein shakes is their make-up and the manner in which they are delivered into the system - read the back and there's a lot of sh!t in that MaxiMuscle (TM)
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

TaoBoy,

Fair enough. If you happen to come across it, please let me know.

Cheers!

Actually animals don't drink others milk because they can't not because they don't want to. Just because an animal does or doesn't do it ain't a good argument. Although I do agree with your opinion that we should generally avoid dairy. Why? Because people lose the ability to digest it at about age 2. (I'm sorry I don't have the research handy... it is out there if you'll look, 'til then you can take my word for it ) This is why milk is good for the acid stomach ache. It simply coats everything.

Now where was I? Ah yes, shakes. 1 banana, some orange juice, yogurt, cottage cheese, an egg if I feel like it and some ice cubes. I'll have to try the peanut butter though!

Time to retract the animal argument everybody....

I swear I am not making this up and I wasn't even looking for it, but I swear to you on Animal Planet tonight, there was a doc. on about baby tigers and they were being suckled by a sow! No friggin' joke!

yay

Tofu, bannanna, strewberries, skim milk ... blended use firm tofu for thick ones or soft tofu for less thick ... extras: Cininnom, sugar or substatute, vianilla extract ...