Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: found this...thought it was really interesting...but it's VERY controversial...JKD

Talking

"Duck and Cover" Oh man, Rogue you dated yourself with that one! Wait a minute. I think I just did the same thing!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Nice thing about dating myself is.... did I almost write what I think I was going to write?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Talking

Well on the positive side you can buy the flowers and chocolates that you like!
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

And I don't have to worry about those awkward silences during dinner.

Man do I miss hiding under my a-bomb proof desk.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

ironic...

No flames. Whats the deal?

OK OK...ahem...

Ryu, you miserable trash talking rat fink, how could you post such irresponsible nonsense?!?!?

I hereby formally challenge you to a bloody knuckles BATTLE TO THE DEATH, but I know you won't show!?!?! (just like your good friend Ral*k!?!?!?!)

And, thats because you are evil and foul-smelling and your lineage is WEAK!?!?!?!

Just trying to inject a little controversy.

Keepin' the dream alive.

Stupidity - the number one sexually transmitted disease.

Talking

Remember that joke Civil Defense Poster? It went something like, ( In case of a nuclear attack, stay away from all windows and glass. get in a doorway or under a desk. sit on the floor and put your head between your legs. Kiss your arse goodbye!)
    Oh my God, I just remembered the sirens on the telephone poles. Those suckers were loud! I guess some folks are having some problems related to living in fear. I don't remember living in fear, just being annoyed! My cage did get rattled on a day in Nov. of 63 when EVERY ADULT I ENCOUNTERED ALL DAY LONG WAS CRYING. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't quite that way on 9/11.

well, mike krivka is one of dan inosanto's students. so, regardless of whether i agree or disagree, it's a fairly predictable objection on his part.

that said, i don't think i've ever read of guro inosanto disparaging these people.

eh. whatever. politics make my head hurt.

stuart b.

I remember those sirens going off everyday at noon. As kids we always knew when to head home to lunch.

I think it was easy for most people to grasp Kennedy being shot, but the WTC attack was totally out of their experience.

DM

An error

Ted Wong was certified instructor by Bruce Lee himself. I don't remember whether it was June Fan or JKD. I have seen a reprint of his certificate, signed by Lee. Ted also has not tried to capatilize on Lee's name, in fact he's kept a low profile. It was probably just an oversight by the author.

-FJ

I enjoy reading things that are honestly (bluntly?) stated. At least as they see them. And I've never seen an article by Inosanto criticizing anyone elses JKD. Same goes For Ted Wong. If anyone ever says anything critical about someone he quietly walks away. Which is something we all need to remember no matter what art we study, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

fa_jing, thanks for the clarification. I thought that was the case.