Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To those familiar with rap, part 2 :)

Justa Man

yo man when did u post bout going to see Cannibal Ox & Words, etc? was that today, the 12th? or did i miss it? **** man i always forget to check the Knitting Factory....
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Naz ate Jigga up. Blueprint was garbage, and Stillmatic is a classic.

thizanks, bro. I always wondered what the fizuck HOVA meant. Jay-Z annoys the crizap out of me. Of all the popular artists right now, he's one of my least favorite.

IronFizist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Need to make a mixtape!

Help me choose some songs to workout to. I like to workout to hip hop, and just er, aquired a MD player and need a list of songs to get/dload to take with me to the gym... ones that make you want to kick ass - if i am on the punchbag or lifiting or whatever.

Any ideas? So far i've jus got loads of mobb deep and some big pun. I don't necessarily mean ones with amazing lyrical content

Cheers
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Wayne Marsalis the great trumpeteer recently is said to have labelled rap music as a minstrel show.

'kay.

You mean Wynton Marsalis, and he's great like a bunion on your big toe is an orgasm. The guy is nothing but a retrograde schmuck living in the past. He wishes the last thirty years of change in jazz had never happened. He'll be forgotten by history. At best he'll be remembered as the Rich Little of the trumpet - talented, can imitate anybody, but nothing original to offer.

And jazz -music in general, actually - no, art in general- is about nothing if not originality.

Wynton Marsalis and his cronies Ken Burns and Stanley Crouch should be shot in the head and dumped in a swamp for their crimes against jazz, music, and art.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Not that I have strong feelings on the subject or anything.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

help me

Sure Sharky. Send me your snailmail address and I'll put you on the list for my CD mailout.

F'real - I think the guy Azeem that I was talking up in the earlier thread would be right up your alley. Songs to seek out - "Simple Ting" "Imma (remix)" "Th'Underground" "Organic Food Revolutionaries"
    Crippled Avenger

Redrum by Redrum inc. That song is tight to workout to. It has a lil metal in it, but it's a gangsta trak. Gets me pumped up. There from Las Vegas if your not familiar with them, under Doomsday Productions. I think it's on there website so that you can download it. www.cinsity.com Fast paced rap helps me workout.

Post sharkey shutem down by PE

if you can get someone to cutup the intro when it scratches for the beat drops, that makes me want to stomp my foot maybe punch a pillow or something.

that old naughty song everything gonna be alright/ghetto *******? cant remember the name; some get alittle some get none//was one who never had// walked round always mad, mahhuck my dad// well anyway i did stickups// made trigger hiccups?? at the end he all stay the **** out the ghetto"allright"- the hook drops, i think its on the opp album.

Obviously warriors/cold as ice/ anteup from the last M.ash O.ut P.osse album titled warriors.

a wicked track to get amped while feeling cool like your dissing is SAAFIR off his last album dog&his master// what a thug would do- with chino/ crawl before you ball with KAM is tight hella pumpable.

the whole THE D.O.C Album NO1CAN DOIT BETTER, the last track featuring the original NWA cube and all the grandfinale, is serious **** like ripping carebear heads off your sis's ****s. ****in hm i just uppd the first ghettoboys off my boy, get bushwick bill's track size aint s-hit MYGOD, DUDES LIKE 4FEET......AWEinspiring

first Cypress is a good workout album black sundays aight if you can bring that vibe.

dl some black moon tracks, who got the props/buck em down.

yah krsone rappersRnDANJA/mcs act like they dont know/9MM from the criminal minded album is one of my favorite tracks

the whole frankie cutlass album from 95-96 just pulled that out to lazy to check the title, you should know unless your herbd, its a classic comp, got that track with redman a dude from gpwu sadatx and others the hooks all I WANT YOU N U N U TO CLAP YOUR HANDSclap your hands, THEN RED COMES IN IIIIENDEVER CLEVER.

check i think 360 off the raenghost cubanlink album where they hiest a dealer its only like two minutes but the verses are crazy, i pump that on repeat for like a hour
    they all ****theglock gun**** shootup the spot raes spittn crazy....

a good album to cooldown to djquicks i think debut way2funky?"title" its got another fave TONIGHT

YAH THESE are some offthe heads im pumping....

holy crapp!!

you sure know your music diego....

that was some read.

so does anyone know how yo find out the composer of a theme song to put on your phone??? like FOL theme song??

im asking yet again...anyone?

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.