Thread: PaSaRyu

PaSaRyu

I was in Memphis for a convention last weekend and as I am usually wont to do I looked in the Yellow Pages for the MA listings. One place was advertised as teaching "PaSaRyu", a style that combined kung fu, karate and I forget what other art. It was taught by some guy who claimed to instruct Elvis. Unfortunately, I forget the instructor's name.

I thought it sounded totally bogus to begin with. Anybody else hear of PaSaRyu? I'm not completely ignorant of different styles of MA, but I NEVER heard of this variation.
    K. Mark Hoover

PaSaRyu

I had a friend in my Hapkido class that studied PaSaRyu. He showed me some of the techniques, and it seemed more like a weak version of Taekwondo. I don't know if that was representative of the whole style, but it was my opinion.

I met one of those guys once, he told me that they practice doing Qi Qong on the crapper, have a form patterned off of the movements of the bloodhound, and practice in blue suede shoes.

Its a hard ass fighting system, a lot of lip curling, hip shaking and pain killers.
    Regards

I heard that in that system, they have to call the instructor...Mama!... Sometimes it's Cilla or something?...

Oh, yeah, now that you mention it TKD was the third art this amalgamation used. Very strange style.
    K. Mark Hoover