Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here ever been possessed by the Dark Side?

Join us luke.....

Only really happened to me once, back in high school days, and it lasted like a second, and that was the time it took me to walk to the person, and by then i regained control of myself.
    Then i didn't do martial arts, so i didn't really have much "potential" as it were.

None of my current friends have ever seen me lose my cool, except for maybe my best friend back in primary school. But most of my other friends who i've known for 4+ years haven't seen me angry, and hopefully i'll stay as the person who never loses his cool. I'm worried that in training i'm a bit too nice. And the notion that i could actually hurt someone now is even more of an insentive to remain that way.
    -I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.

-The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Every1 gets angry and snaps a little bit every now and then. Its really more an indicator of stress in your life. Or more the feeling of helplessness at least it is for me.

When i flip out, i just totally flip out and start killing people, it's totally sweet.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

gou, it doesn't sound odd at all. i feel the same way in my life. all though spirituality compells me to be better and to grow closer to teh creator, there is some appeal in self destruction (not physical for you tards out there).
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

I learned a long time ago not to trust someone that smiles all the time, good sign they’re up to something.

Even worse someone who thinks the dark side is cool and that it makes them a bad a$$.

The truth is a matter of prospective.

Control is not submitting to the urge.

fm
    RibHit
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

My wife is kind of posessive so yeah, I guess so.

Maybe not the exact same thing, and I don't get like this with friends or family, but sometimes when driving at the end of a bad day (usually when people don't use their goddammned turn signals) I get white hot rage that boils over. Never understood why. The first few seconds I think to myself how much I would like to pull over and physically show them why that was a bad idea. I never act on it because I know that the person could have a gun or try to use their vehicle as a weapon. But for that first few seconds, I think (and feel) that I would destroy whoever got out of the car and dammned be the consequences. The difference between the above and full-blown road rage is "Control".
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

yeah that's true. you never really learn to swear properly till you start driving
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

give in to the power

Every time I hear another whiner from the forum "oh, they said a bad thing about me and I'm hurt" I feel like some dysfunctional dad in a wife-beater t-shirt who has to put down his beer, get off the sofa and grab for my belt. I mean come on, it's a web forum. They called me names - that's soooo kindergarten. If you're a true warrior, fight about things that matter - oppression, poverty, disease, suffering, injustice, the list goes on... and being called a name just ain't on it. Learn to swallow your broken teeth, blood and all.

OK, thanks for letting me vent, everyone. The dark side? Oh yeah. It's more frustration with the deluded, or with my own delusions. But if I can get a doublebarreled light saber, I'm down.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

dysfunctional dad in a wife-beater t-shirt who has to put down his beer, get off the sofa and grab for my belt
    Don't talk about me like that Gene.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

A couple of years ago I had a big party at my apartment. It got a bit out of hand, and alot of stuff got broken. Around 3 or 4 am I found pages from my roomate's (who thankfull wasn't there) Torah ripped out. While I'm not Jewish I really have a problem with people who disrespect some one elses religion for no reason. Well I snapped. I topple an 8ft tall oak bookself on two of my boys then tried to strangle one of them. Two of my other friends had to hold me down on the ground while everyone else left. It didn't help that I was really drunk and that my other roomate who was supposed to help keep order got arrested on his way to get more beer. Over all a bad night. I never found out who actually ripped out those pages, but I have my suspicions. In the end roomate who owned it thought his girlfriend knocked it off the shelf. So in the end everyone had a good laugh. Well except my roomates.

Thumbs up

"though I am normaly calm and logical person, I get that passion whenever I fight, whether serious as in a actually fight or a match"

i bet i could beat out most of you, if not all of you, for the biggest knuckles on the forum. they are huge and on both hands my ring finger knuckle looks like a broken tooth as it's the only one that has remained normal size. (my pinky knuckle has been enlarged from hitting wrong sometimes). i have been getting allot better, but i had a very serious problem with breaking **** when fighting with my girlfriend. christ i'll be putting up my 3rd bathroom door this weekend (i havent hit it in a long time, but have been procrastenating buying a new one. i managed to push the splintered wood back into place so you couldn't see in and kept putting it off). im also on my 3rd kitchen table, second computer desk, 4th set of kitchen chairs, 3rd computer chair, 2nd ps2 (i bought a 2 year unlimited warrenty cause i knew i'd end up braking it during a fight with her), 2nd refrigerator, 3rd kid . .. the list goes on.

there are allot of things in my past that have developed these habbits, but i eventually decided i needed to grow the hell up. the only thing i was joking about was the kid . ... everything else is sadly true. the turning point for me is when suzi and i were fighting in the kitchen and i popped off three jabs in the wall and i realized adora saw me do it from the living room. it's gotten easier as adora's gotten older because she now understands what's going on and i cant be doing that ****. hell a couple months ago i even took the putty back down to the basement. it always stayed in the kitchen waiting to fill then next hole. at least now you can give me some putty and a roll of paper towls and no one will ever know there was a hole in the wall in under 5 minutes. could come in handy for real accidents in the future. i'm glad i rent.
    Last edited by GunnedDownAtrocity; 04-04-2002 at 11:50 AM.
    where's my beer?

GDA

I used to be just like you. Hitting stuff ALL the time. Breaking ****, releasing my anger with violence. I have grown out of it, (not all, there r still there in me) but not so much now Hey GDA, you have a beautiful daughter. Don't hurt her man, be careful.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

"The "good" side is a little untrustworthy weenie that needs to be jackslapped occasionaly to keep it in line. All sweetness and light and good thoughts until it gets backed into a corner. Then it becomes an embarrasing two faced little weasil. "

he he he

I'm a Scorpio....I am the dark side.............on a more serious note I had a bad problem with my temper smoking seems to keep me balanced though that and when I feel the killing urge I try to train myself to death
    vea victis