Thread: Kinda bored, so UPDATE

Kinda bored, so UPDATE

Sitting at home with nothing to do!

Figured i'd write up a post here (since i've been looking at the same KFO index for 3 days with some Brain thread at top ).

Last time i wrote i was asking if i should go for it and go train abroad so now this is where i am.

I just confirmed to the place i'm staying at that i'll be in USA from the beginning of June to middle of august, i'm up to 1400$ in money, should be up to about 2000$ next month (been working like craaazy, which in terms means i havent been training much). Dad just told me he might chip in a few 100$ if he could, but he's kinda short on money since both my parents are currently studying and not working so that would be kinda cool, but either way i'll be fine.

Got a cheap flight for about 850$ by making a detour to London and going from London to LA (saves me 200-300$).

Will be booking my flights this week or the next. So as long as i dont fail my exams that are coming up in 2 weeks i should be fine

This will of course mean that i will be able to settle once and for all if Knifefighter actually exists and tell SifuAbel about it.
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

while you're at it, stop off in maryland and check on rålek -- make sure he's okay
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Awesome dude, have fun in LA. There are some gorgeous girls there.

Good news: Do you have an accent when you speak English? Chicks think sexy.

Bad news: Some guys might find it sexy, too

Where are you "staying?" A hostel? Do we have hostels in America?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

There are youth hostels in LA / Orange County. When I first visited LA I stayed at a youth hostel that was part of the YMCA.

qeySuS,
    Are you going to be training while in LA?

KG

Yup i'll be training, and i'll be staying at the place i'm training at. I'm basicly just going there to train.

Yes i have an accent, so i guess that's lucky me (plus i'm dead sexy so that's a plus).

I went to maryland in october, (Baltimore), didnt see anyone name Ralek :/

qeySuS
    That's great news. What school will you be training at ? If you can make it over to Caique Jiu-Jitsu in Carson I'll introduce you to Knifefighter.
    Are you sure Sifu Able exists ?
    No brag, just fact.

lol maybe that's the question! San Bernadino isnt that far away is it? Maybe Abel is the guy i should be checking on, he's given the adress of his school though so i think he's ok.

I'll be at Next Generation, i remember Knifefighter saying some day he was there sometimes, so i figured i'd see him sometime

qeySus
    San Bernadino is about 40 miles from Carson. It would be great if you could come by, maybe to visit the Sat class.
    No brag, just fact.

Heh would be cool, but i have no prior grappling experience (going out to learn) and no Gi (Caique is Gi right?). So i dunno if that would work so well

Caique teaches gi, no gi, and also nhb and self defense. Ever other Sat is no gi, so that should work for you. If you want to try a gi class then he has gi's available for you to use.
    He has recently started teaching a no gi beginners class every Thursday. That's the no gi class I take and where I regularly get my @ss handed to me.
    No brag, just fact.

qeySuS,
    That's good to hear that everything is falling into place for you. You'll like Chris' school, lots of room to train, and tons of people to train with. Plus Chris is a great instructor, see you in June.-ED
    "jooo jeestu's lika sex bro, you godda put your heeps to eet."
    -Megaton

Hey you Carson/San Bernidino guys, is Bandini Mountain still around?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.