Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese people that learn in U.K, US etc

Chinese people that learn in U.K, US etc

Is there Chinese on this Forum that learns Kung fu from an English speaking teacher? I find it quite strange when I refer to the chinese names of blocks/moves in the English accent. For instance Chi sao = sticky hands but I would say it was more like Tee Sao (with a very slight 'ch' in it) and Bil Gee was more like Bil dzee

A while ago my old teacher said he would Jut sao if I tensed up. It took me a while to work out what he was on about.

Anyone here the same?
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you will lose all that heavenly glory.

yes. Thankfully i have my parents to tell me what they should sound like....

never knew u were chinese nafanal.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

yea, hence my incredibly bad eyesight. **** genetics....

bbc but can speak rudimentary cantonese, but true borns laugh at me cos of my ridiculous accent....

Thumbs up

LOL! YOU GOTO IMPERIAL TOO!

LOL! STEREOTYPES COME TRUE!

Clever fu.ck.

I should've known as soon as u said u went to imperial

Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

We have a chinese guy in our kwoon. I know you asked about trouble with accents, and I couldn't say, he seems to be fine with it all.

I only jump in because last year something funny happened. This fella went back to Hong Kong, checked in with a few famous and highly venerated schools over there out of courtesy, and whomped every fighter they put up against him. It would seem our wingchun a bit mo bettah than they wingchun hehehehehehe.

Not trying to start a war or nothing, just making an observation about schools that rest on their famous laurels versus schools that actively seek to improve their understanding of the art. I think that's one of the great things about western societies - we constantly strive to improve. Seldom are we satisfied with "because its always been like this".

(these are broad generalized observations, don't get your knickers in a twist).
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

My chinese friend always laugh when she hears me count in mandarin. She's cantonese but still Pocai!! Hum Ga Ling!!!!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I'm the only non-chinese at my kwoon.
    They seem to be fine with my accent. It's muatual thing though, they can't understand what I say, and I can't understand what they say.
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

lol!! harsh but true....

there are a helluva lotta chinese here. they all tend to stick together, they take photo's of each other in the dining room too...

photos??? in the main dining hall??? sweet jeezus, and they wonder why people take the pi ss....

no offence but...

in my experience, chinese guys and gals really stick together, and don't like mixing with other people? It makes it really hard to get to know any. I just always find this.

</racism>

oh... and

I aint a clever fu ck. just off a 3rd and am about to get thrown out if i don't work....

spending too much time here....

you could say that about any minority.... but yes it seems that way, we have our own societies etc.... imagine if someone set up a white's only society at your uni... people would be pi ssed.

But then again it's probably cos their english aint too hot....

too many generalisations... agggh

sorry yea, too many generalisations and u CAN say that about any minority.

and, you don't need a white society in the uk - by default england is a white society. they live in a white society. that would be like having a chinese society in china.