Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bak Mei Sets

MoQ Guest

it's kind of funny...

everybody's got a different story that they are completely invested in... I wonder how close the sources are, or how many times removed is the experience?

The fact is, none of us know d*ck about these goings on.

I think most accept that CLC learned from Juk Fat Won of the Kwong Wei Taoist temple where the Bak Mei monk resided and had left 5 forms. CLC learned these and filled out the material with other stuff(why i don't know)...
    From here, the story explodes into all manner of songs, poems, hakka connections and attributes. But Bak Mei was not Hakka before CLC.
    Every tangent has its own story and even those learning from people who knew CLC have wildly varying accounts. This in itself is curious...

We can all probably agree that listing form names this way is unnecessary. I don't believe that anyone knowing and valuing this information in the way it needs to be would just list the forms names so crassly. I guess I would like it if this info weren't available to just anyone... :(

fiercest tiger Guest

ming fai nice post

if the hakka style never had a salutation, then why know? have you seen these other forms you have mentioned? do you study bak mei kung fu?

moq has a good point, there seems to be different stories about the bak mei history. all i know is that clc added to what he learnt with his previous styles and then called himself grandmaster of bak mei. that is all documented in the 9 step push book. i was told that clc also learnt at jook lum temple at one stage- so the hakka relationship could be from here as well.

we now have 19 hand forms that ming fai has mentioned, clc was taught....do any of you guys and gals have these extra forms that where mention ? if so can you tell us about them, explain alittle about the way they move. what perpose where they developed for etc.

if they are still around that is great!! there are more forms that i would like to see. some forms are similar to other forms through out the style. just in different combo's!

:D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Kung Lek Guest
    Bok=white

Bak=northern

Pak=white

Pa=eight

Bok Mei or Pak Mei =white eyebrow

Bak Mei= Northern eyebrow!!!

splitting hairs I know, let the admonishments begin!! hahahahaha.

Kung Lek

fiercest tiger Guest

big freaking deal kung lik

thanks for the correction-but ill spell it how i want to.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com :p

[This message was edited by fiercest tiger on 02-02-01 at 02:17 PM.]

WongFeHung Guest
    Lek, first of all, there is no correct way to spell in roman letters the phonetic pronuonciation of a chinese ideograph. Jim Lacy once wrote in some magazine in rebuttal of someone's letter,"he incorrectly spelled Mew Hing as Miu Hihn, which simply shows his ignorance" WHAT!!??how absurd
    Okay, here's a Bak Mei P'ai (excuse the spelling) story I heard: CLC learned from Lam Yue Quai and possibly from Juk Fat Wan, but he created the name Bak Mei P'ai,and before that it was referred to as simply Ngor Mei P'ai, but...also there's this one, He called it Bak Mei to separate himself from Loong Ying, changed the footwork and altered the sets and formed a new "forbidden" style, and creating the whole Bak Mei=traitor story to give the system a facinating lineage. BUT..there's also the possibility that Lam Yue Quai changed the name to Loong Ying to separate from Bak Mei P'ai, so as not to be associated with a "traitor's style" hmmmmm, who knows? I still think Yim Wing Chun was actually Fong Wing Chun who was actually Fong Chinyang, from Wing Chun county(hence, Fong Wing-Chun) who studied Fukien White Crane, which is referred to as Wing Chun White Crane. Hmmmm?so did Davey Crockett really 'shot him a bar when he was only three"? (probably a gun accident with the family pet-y'know-George Washington is exalted for chopping down his father's cherry tree(weird kid-probably add)and when he got caught, admitted his guilt)