Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember the Juko-kai girl from Discovery channel?

Remember the Juko-kai girl from Discovery channel?

Here's her website

"She is currently an 8th degree black belt in her core style of Shorin-Ryu."

How come I know people with over 30 years in Okinawan and Japanese arts that aren't ranked that high? Must be some kind of under-acheivers or something.

Practice against muggers

The dreaded "sparring kick"!

The spiderman wallcrawler kata

I will resist captioning this one
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

the link goes to her pop add not her site... not that I care or anything...
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

3. Actually, here it says she's 9th degree:
    http://www.mcgregorsmartialarts.com/...structors.html

edit...
    i'm thinking it's a different person though? i didn't see the discovery show, so I don't know.....

OMG Where do I sign up?!?!?!?!
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Beware the Juko-kai, having trained for years in various martial arts combined with there almost supernatural ability to absorb pain... there.. there.. UNSTOPABLE!!

I am soooo disgusted by this......"Shihan McGregor is regarded as one of the world's most proficient fighters and teachers".

Sometimes when you think about how many people fall for such things, it makes you wonder if we have any hope at all, in a world where martial con artists become wealthy and respected by the mass retarded but the real teachers and followers of combative arts are lost in the shuffle only to be found or embraced by the very few.

Thanks Rogue, now I can go to bed with a sour taste in my mouth, .....9th degree Shihan McGregor......what the frig, the founder of Shorin Ryu would be sh!ting dust marbles in his grave right now if he knew about this nonsense
    Regards

Cool

This guy has to be the king of fighters.

They practice the Combat Ki. We never went to that extreme in my Shorin Ryu Dojo.

Stopable,yeah I'm sure they can be stopped.
    I saw that program and I also saw some Kung Fu guys on another special doing some pretty mean stuff if not worse.
    But hanging 40 lbs. from your gonads doesn't mean your unstopable.

Did she get fater?
    Honest Neutral Clarity

When fat guys dance.

http://www.mcgregorsmartialarts.com

Black Jack, remember not to take these people seriously, as long as you don't go along with them or have your kids going to these kind of schools it's just entertainment. For those that do I wish them well. She may be a nice lady but I sense a bit of rank inflation. Notice how many have higher rank in Kijutsu than their core art?

Anyway checkout the schedule, they don't train much and shihan has the best hair style since Wacthmans mullet!

So remember to brush that sour tasts away with a happy flavor of toothpaste and go to sleep with a smile!
    Signed,
    Shihan(Master Instructor of RogueJitsu) Rogue
    Last edited by rogue; 04-25-2002 at 07:57 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

OK Black Jack maybe this will cheer you up.

From another forum which I will not name...

"XX, may i be so bold as to ask your style... if you couldnt tell, im a kenpo guy myself...
    as far as sound goes, ive got a tape i shot just 2mo ago, of jim corn doing a sound KO on one of his students... very impressive to see... as well as a pretty decent no-touch...

hey XXXX... i know a lot of dki have been talking about the fact that a lot of the no-touch stuff isnt practical... how about in a hold-up situation... he tells you to raise your hands, and you do.. only youre so good at projecting your chi, that he starts to get dizzy, and you overtake him... has anyone thought of that application yet... just a thought i had... "

Lifes short, find laughter where you can.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-25-2002 at 08:20 PM.

DM

This is amazing. Look at the instructors? What a pile of mess!?! They are the most unfit group of worthless nothings ever. They have no respect for martial arts. I mean, i'm sure you've already seen it, but go and have another look at http://www.mcgregorsmartialarts.com/...structors.html . I mean, really take in what the people look like, and what it says by the side of their pics.

Urgh.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Yeah, I know Rogue, trust me I love the entertainment, its just that sometimes you have to wonder what kind of wiring these people have inside to make themselves think "they" are these things.

Talk about inflated ranks, she says she has 11 black belts, I don't really go for the whole black belt mentality but if you were to add up the training years alone that a good Japenese school would require for a traditional based black belt, you know the kind that starts out white and only gets black through not being washed, it would make her a senior citizen.

Lets say for the sake of arguement that its 3 years per tradititional Japenese black belt, 3 x 11= 33 years, add to that her 9th degree in "my ass will get kicked if I try and use it ryu" and your talking about a pretty long time, if a person is going to lie to themselves, at least get work the numbers right

Sifuabel
    Regards

Rogue,

Yeah that helped

Now that I think of it, maybe its her wicked hairstyle that has those 11 4th degree blackbelts.

Imagine waking up and seeing that thing riding you in a unknown hotel room after one to many Samuel Adams.

Talk about wanting to gnaw your own **** arm off
    Regards

What the?

Head Instructor, Shihan Sherry McGregor - 9th Degree, Shorin-Ryu. Shihan has been training continuously since the age of seven and holds black belts in 11 different styles of martial arts
    Now maybe I'm missing something here or maybe I'm just slow at learning.

But if I do the math, she's around 35 yrs old because 7 + 28 = 35. she started at the age of seven and the link to the next page said she has trained for 28 years. so lets say 35 yrs old. and she has a black in 11 different styles so 28 divided by 11 equals 2.54545454545454. so that mean that every 2.5 yrs she would learn a new style.

Who the hell has that much time in there lives nowadays.

I've been studying since the age of six practiced six different style and have not master a **** thing. Maybe I can learn my Sifu's entire curriculum under her.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu
    The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Ahhhhhhh!

What's up with all these wack people claiming to be Shorin Ryu BBs? That chick ain't even old enough to be an 8th dan. Anyway what Ryuha did she train in, and who gave her that ranking? Even if it was Kise everyone knows that since the 90's he's been giving rank away for a good price.

****nn first Fred Ettish, now this! Please no more sorry-aSssed Dillman types claiming lineage and proficiency that they never truly attained. It's killing me....