Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna get jumped tomarrow

hmm. i think it's cos there are too many fullstops. it should be "but in reality, i would recomend, if you get attacked, don't fight back... you will get **** for hurting someone bad."

Three dots is the unspoken standard.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Well we had a confrantation today, it started looking bad for me but the fight ended up being 1v1 so i was happy. It started us sqaured off I threw the first punch, not sure if it landed. Then he punched me in the face. He got a couple good ones in but i was punching back. Then I grabbed him and attempted a hip throw. But he dropped his weight and we landed in cross body. I was on bottom. I kneed him in the face and started RAINING punches on the side of his head like 8 unawnsered shots. Then we got up and i threw him against the wall and we clinched. Then one of his buddies yelled "whip his ass" and he yelled back "i'm tired" then I punched him and he sidesteped and palmed my head into the wall (that HURT) then i spazed and he bent over and I landed one GOOD upercut then his buddy pulled me off.

I felt pretty ****ed up. He landed many clean shots but I never NEVER came close to dropping. At most he just made me angrier. But i got busted and brought to the office apperantly i "fell".

Sounds like good fun.

Hell yeah man, kick ass!
    I am nothing.

Hmm glad you're not hurt. But it sounds like he was quite the formidable opponent. Sounds like you need to work a little on your grappling takedowns and positioning though. No offense at all, just friendly analysis. Most of it stayed on the feet though.

Well is it finished then? Sounds like you both proved yourself.
    (how I miss High school... )

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Well actually my grappling came in handy. Otherwise I wouldnt have even recognized my position, wouldnt have known a way to reverse (except punch him the head 8 times ) . But I dont think i'll try to throw in a fight again. My face is fine now though just a little sore. Not even a real bruise yet, but I did bite my lip in the scrap and it bled a bit. So he said it over now, and I didnt get in any real trouble. Next time I fight i'm out, but thats not so bad.

Oh and I jersied his b!tch ass.... ahahhahah

Thumbs up

Got some war wounds

Throwing in a real fight is actually very hard to do unless you have a lot of experience in it. Things like hip throws, etc. are actually more fine motor skills then double leg tackles, or simple bodylock slams (one of my favs)

At least its over, you got to test your skills for real, and you're not in trouble.
    It could have been a lot worse! You handled yourself pretty well.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Lightbulb Just an idea

I was thinking if this can possibly be settled in a kwoon or martial art school rather than on a unsecure ground?

So stumblefist are you generating stupidity right now?

And no this couldnt have been solved in a kwoon/ma school. The similarities between HS and jail are outstanding (or so i'm told).

HS and jail?

Where do you attend school?

Thumbs up Ryu how do you ideally set up for throws in a fight

I know abit of HopGar and suppossedly its influenced by mongol wrestling, in most the techniques i have seen before a shoulder or hip throw, and before footsweeps, never have i seen where you just bypass the attack clinch and throw" wich seems pretty ambitious maybe if your a highlevel oldschool imperial pakua bodygaurd, arresting 4 crackheads, circa cris rocks performance as pookie in new jack city " Most techs i have seen thier is always some preemptive strikes to steal your opponents awareness, then you clinch and throw or lock and footsweep, usually thier will be some kind of initial groin or nose shot before the final controlling technique!.

<shaolinboxer>
    > HS and jail? Where do you attend school?

Presumably in America somewhere. To my knowledge, pretty much any American high school is like that. I know mine was from time to time, and that was in the early 90's in a small town in Alaska, not somewhere known for a hard street life. The frequency of trouble is nower, but the flavor is similar.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

Hi Diego.
    Well I also think that the set ups for a throw (or clinch in general) should be predicated on landing a first strike, fake, etc. This is why it's important to have some decent hands in a fight too. In a real fight your adrenaline is pumping, and your body usually resorts to gross motor movements. Trying to walk in with a traditional judo throw, grasping their sleeves, breaking their balance, while pivoting and stepping back to load them up onto your hips for the throw is probably going to be hard to do when they're swinging punches at you. Hell it's hard to do even in judo randori! But if you want to throw you have to clinch, and usually you will get say a hip throw if the guy is unaware of his balance and he is trying to push you backwards, etc.
    Some people when clinched will simply run forwards trying to push you into a wall, etc. If you can drop your weight a bit and turn sharply as they push while bringing your leg up to hook theirs....well you will probably get a very nasty and effective uchi mata, o goshi, or harai goshi. that might even end the fight if they land on their head. When someone in a fight goes up in the air, their natural response is to grab hold of anything around them (i.e. you) and hang on for dear life. So if your throws aren't that good you'll probably end up going over with them.
    This is why I really like more "gross" throws like double legs, back suplexes, ushiro goshi, and just bodylock slams.

When you punch someone in the face and clinch with him, you're probably better off going for some leg hooking, double legs, or bodylocks then any fancy throws. In judo competition you can miss a throw and simply go onto another one... but in a streetfight you might miss and eat punch after punch.

Always have complete control before throwing.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

go GA, go, go, go GA, go, go!

You did well. At least you didn't puss out. Sounds like you got the better of him, but, don't you wish you just kept your hands up? It's harder than it sounds, right? Good job, kid . Anyway, now you have a good excuse not to fight. Be aware, however, you don't really know if it's over or not. Probably is, though.
    -FJ