Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More History from one of the Pak Mei websites

tan Ging

Say Mah Lin Wan : I have the reference from Choy Lee Fut web site and email I received from a CLF pracitioner at work, I will post tomorrow.

Tan Ging: I was unaware that HK had a form called this. I thought this was another source of difference. Have you seen either of these in action and can you describe differnces?

one thing we must be careful of. A certain"Hoang Thieu Long" PM sifu came to Vietnam in the 60s from HK for a visit. (He was actuallu involved in a personal challenge which he won against a certain Ly Vinh Thang Hung Gar Sifu).

I am certain (just to confuse things even more) that certain forms were brought to Vietnam at this time, such as "Lung Yin Mo Kiu" which was apparently added after Tsang Wai Bok left CLC in 1930s.

The first set I learned is called "Sam Mun",I have heard this set comes from the "Begger's System"

Right?

Wrong?

Anyone know?

Elastic force

has anyone heard of "elastic force" form in PM?

Connonfist: Phonetically, in Vietnamese at least, it sounds like "Tan Ging", is this the other form you are refering to or is it Singular force?

darn ging single power

sheung ging double power, cannon do you know this form?

EAZ: I do not know, nor have I seen the Tan Ging from HK. However it was described to me as being somewhat similar to the start of 9 step push. The Tan Ging from Vietnam that I know has the beginning moves which consist 3 lower phoenix eyes fist strikes to the lower body e.g. ribs whilst executing charging steps forward. Does this sound the same to your Tan Ging. The Tan Ging form meaning is singular force. However the term tarn ging is also used to describe the quality of power generation that has the elastic quality. The sound in Cantonese has very different intonation.

Fiercest Tiger: No, I do not know Sheung Ging and we do not have that form in our school.

tnwingchun

There are technques in our Sarm Moon form called Hut Yi Loh Mai (beggar asking for rice). These techniques are one of the highlights of our Sarm Moon form which involve finger thrust, elbow breaking and bridge intercepting.

It is said that Sarm Moon is from Lee Gar.

cannonfist

Originally posted by CannonFist
    EAZ: I do not know, nor have I seen the Tan Ging from HK. However it was described to me as being somewhat similar to the start of 9 step push. The Tan Ging from Vietnam that I know has the beginning moves which consist 3 lower phoenix eyes fist strikes to the lower body e.g. ribs whilst executing charging steps forward. Does this sound the same to your Tan Ging. The Tan Ging form meaning is singular force. However the term tarn ging is also used to describe the quality of power generation that has the elastic quality. The sound in Cantonese has very different intonation.
    Yes our Tan Ging "singular force" has exactely this beginning.

have you seen "double force", which I was told exists?

FYI I was tld but maybe I did not understand properly, that "elastic froce was indeed a seperate form. Could just be my missunderstanding though.

Thanks for your confirmation on Tan Ging that we are indeed talking of sale thing. These first movements are good exercices for unlocking shoulders, and "feel good". The foot movements that come after are good for attacking "outer doors" , along with forearm strick.