Thread: Help Needed!

Exclamation Help Needed!

Alright, here is my situation:
    About 2 1/2 years ago I started doing Shaolin Kung Fu. However, 9 months I decided to leave the class as the times of the classes were very impractical, and thus I started to do TKD. After 1 month I left, for obvious reasons. I then stopped doing anything, until I spotted a JKD school, and studied there for 2 months. However, neither felt like Kung Fu; how I felt in my self, the atmosphere, people's attitudes etc.

I can now attend the classes at my old KF School, as my schedule has freed up, but I am not sure if I am particularly wanted back by the Sifu. We parted on good terms, but I'm not sure.

What do you think I should do?

Also, has anyone got any tips/methods for getting your fitness back on track after having time off (about 6 months)?

Thanks to you all,
    Kodose.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Tell your Sifu that your schedule was not good with the school's schedule~. You felt you needed to do something, TKD was available. You left after a month and found JKD. But left that after two months. None of it gave you the satisfaction of Kung-Fu. And that you really appreciate being there. You hope that it's O.K. that since your schedule is better that you go to Kung-Fu.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

bravo

I agree with him.

Tell your Sifu the truth. What if you lie to him and he finds out about the lie later? If in what I think would be the unlikely event he says "NO", at least you know where you stand. Otherwise, you're in, got what you want.

He's probably not that interested in every little detail though.

Personally, I would have explained my situation to the Sifu BEFORE I left out of common courtesy. It is pretty rude just to suddenly not turn up one day.

As for the fitness thing, easy. START TRAINING. You could supplement it with incremental running, swimming or cycling as well.

Wait a minute!

I explained everything to him before hand; I didnt just stop turning up. However, from what I have heard from people in the class, he seldom wishes to discuss the matter, and didnt really buy my reason for leaving.

To get your fitness back, do running. That's the best way for the start. Proper shoes and short distances in the beginning, also remember to sprint.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Don't rely on what other peple are saying about the situation.

Speak directly to your Sifu and find out how he feels about it.

Going back to the Kwoon is between you and your sifu, nobody else should be concerned.

2nd-hand, 3rd-hand opinions/info/views and outside opinions are useless for any real conflict solution.

The best advise anybody can give you is to go and confront your sifu about it and resolve the situation with him.
    It should not even be discussed/mentioned apart from the 2 people involved.

Peace.