Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T The big paintball question...

O/T The big paintball question...

(mods please allow this for a few days before you delete it)

Ok, I just read the paintball thread. I've only been paintballing once (many years ago before it was mainstream) and when I was playing I got shot in the inner thigh when I was squatting behind a tree (I guess I was just being a newbie). Anyway, the shot was about an inch or 2 from Mr. Happy. It left a big bruise that was there for a week or so. I was thinking, "dude, if a paintball hit your testicles you would die!"

So the big paintball question, do you wear a cup when you play?

Is it considered wussy?

Screw that, if I ever play again I'm wearing a cup.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i never wear a cup, and when i get hit therem nothing like when i get tasered there. funny story to. my little brother was getting flanked by my other brother and my father, and i was supposed to watch over him when he went down there, so i ran over and hauled his ass up teh hill. in alaska itr is pitch black in winter, i tell him to sit behind a snow back and stay, well, i started waiting for something to move down teh road (teh only way they could come in without making noise(much)) and i see a figure crawl out of the woods, and come towards me, then get up, now i know i am hidden well so i set up and ****, and shoot a good 20 into teh body (7 seconds of firing or so) and i see teh figure drop. i call downa and it is my little brother hwo had crawled down the bank tio teh road and then trying to get back up cause he say my dad shortly from him. and not to mentioopn about 7 of the 20 shots that all hit were in his groin. hahahaha
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Braden Guest
    Nope. Never been shot anywhere near there. My most painfull shots have been on the collar bone and the side of the head from very close. My brother got hit in the tensed knuckle once and the skin split open, which is the worst I've seen.

braden, just so you know, from someone who has had both, those type of shots you mentioned are worse than a groin shot. groin shots ain't nothing.

pause

never been shot directly in the jumblies. lots of shots on the inner thigh.

i expect it would hurt like hell, but then like others have pointed out, lots of locations hurt like hell.

all that said, it's not like wearing a cup is a bad idea.

stuart b.

p.s. my worst injury is probably a shot i took at close range in the forearm. it wasn't the most painful by a long shot, but it's the only one (to my knowledge) that left a scar. (there's a faint circular outline of a paintball on my left forearm.)

Never been shot in the groin either...
    But, I did get hit in the soft tissue under my jaw, just below my mask, when I bukered someone. They got startled and fired right under my mask. Hurt like hell!

anyone here play airsoft? Its much easier on your body!

Thumbs up YES

I am an avid paintballer. i play survival games where you are in the woods in full camofluage pitting yourself against others who are just as crazy and insane as you.. and YES I WEAR A CUP.
    i have been hit in the nads by a paintball and it is NO FUN LET ME TELL YOU. plus the cup allows me to crawl on the ground whenever i do stealth and sniper shooting. trust me its a good thing to wear. guys will aim for that region just to see what the reaction will be.
    when you play with people you do not know make sure that they are keen n the rules about shooting and ALSO BE EXTRA CAREFULL there are some folks who freeze thier paintballs and shoot them frozen, its dangerous and if you are caught doing it, you will have to run the gauntlet(i wont go into what that is from a paintball perspective. painball gets a bad rep. and there are those of us who wish to dispell that bad rep.

Many Respects,,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

red5angel,
    I tried airsoft survival games a couple times in Korea. Very cool stuff. And you're right they are much easier on the body. Plus the guns are very cool (replica's of real guns/rifles).

Originally posted by respectmankind
    i never wear a cup, and when i get hit therem nothing like when i get tasered there.
    Do people taser you in the nuts often? Sounds like you need a new hobby.
    On top of that, most of those people couldn't wipe their butt without directions, and they'd still probably get half way through when they realized they'd used the directions to do it.
    KC Elbows

I wear a cup EVERY time I play. I advise everyone to follow suit.

No, a ball-shot is nowhere near as painful as a neck or ear hit, the pain is not the problem.

The testis can be damaged from severe blows, and a paintball could easily do that. I value the old John-Thomas too much.

In paintball you take the pain as normal. Injury should not be considered so.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Loke, I love the guns, nice replicas, and I have found that I am eithe rmuch more manueverable with them, some paintball guns suffer from loading problems when turnd sideways or upside down. We et a binch of guys cralwing through the dirt in cammies and mask and have a great time, it has always been more fun for me then splatball.
    The downside is it is much more of an honor system, and the range isnt quite the same in stock guns, you hae to do some upgrading to get really good range!

Paintball is pretty much spread into two different camps. The survival game crowd, doing it for the hell of it and playing in the woods and wilderness, ie. rec-balling and the more sport like scene with mostly speedball in sup-air arenas. Very different camps the two, even if the players often do overlap.

Personally, I'm a sport-paintballer only and for advancing the hobby as a sport, a lot of the survivalist mentality is fighting against us (the media and power-holders go nuts, which any sport should be making friends of rather than **** off). Of course, I think both things are cool, but it would be nice if people would more readily see the difference.

Just felt like pointing that out, not that it's really directly relevant to anything said here. Just a typical issue.

More on topic, I've surprisingly managed to avoid groin shots, except for a few that have been totally painless. I don't wear a cup, usually.

Of course, the better one gets in paintball (esp. in speedball play) the more you get shot in the gun or on the mask with those annoying glancing shots. Unfortunately makes it very easy to wipe. That's why we have referees, though, but ...
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

Thumbs up

I have no problem with the speedballers. as long as they do not have a problem with us survival gamers. tournament paintball is not my thing mainly because the cases of paint can get a little expensive, and you use ALOT in the tournament and speedball play.

more on the groin thing,,,,,getting shot there is not as painfull as say getting hit on the inside of your thigh. THAT HURTS. and leaves a real nice welt.

MAny Respects, The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

no no no, people don't hit me in the groin with a taser. i did it on film for the fun of it.

pause