Thread: A little mad

A little mad

i sold some merchandise to someone who gave me a check (talking about 200 dollars) but when i went to cash it, there was no funds to back it up. i know where he lives, and i think maybe he made a mistake, but if he didn't, i am not sure how to respond. any suggestions, rational ones to, not just, kick his ass.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

KICK HIS ASS!! I'm just kidding.. Confront him and be honest about this. Tell him that it was wrong and that it's your money. If he refuse, ask why he's lying, stealing etc.. Otherwise, try violence or police.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

WHat did you sell him?

Hopefully it wasn't drugs. I actually saw some dumb ass lady on the show C.O.P.S. who called the cops when she gave some guy $20 for a crack rock and he wouldn't give it to her.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

"i sold some merchandise to someone who gave me a check (talking about 200 dollars) "

Don't take it top the cops man.

Seriously, take it through the official lines.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

Small claims is the best way to go if talking to him does not work.

If you kick his butt then you probably don't want to take him to small claims court and he will probably never pay you.

Just make sure you take any info that will help like pictures of the product any adds you may have had for the item. Anything to prevent a "his word against mine" senario. Good luck, I now how it feels to be forced to take a person to small claims.

But mental and emotional compansation is pretty good too if you do beat his arse.

first contact him and ask why. did you only deposit it once? you can redeposit it 2 or 3 times, but call his bank first so you don't waste your trys. and every time you redeposit it his bank will charge him if it bounces. if this fails or the account is closed, go to the states attorney to collect for you. in most states $200 is a felony..small claims court might award you triple the amount but you have no way to collect that judgement. best to control your anger and communicate with him. if it's no use and it's worth 200 to you, think of how jackie chan has accidents..oops i'm sorry, didn;t see you there. you o.k.?

Unless you can prove that he has your stuff, I think you need to deal cash-only in this scenario, from now on.