Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont you freggin people work?

Talking My Work

I get paid to sit on my ass for 8 hours a day. I occasionally take a few calls, calm some people down, and play ping-pong on my breaks. Rest of the time is spent browsing the net,
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Hey, I work very hard. 3 or 4 hours a week.

Grind, grind, grind.

--
    Rev. Tim

Well, I go to Uni.

But alot of you old-timers probably wouldn't even consider that work.

Sounds like I do more work than some of you..wow.
    Forge Virtue and Honor in the hot fire of Hard Work

Expectation is the worst emotional disturbance - Yang Jwing Ming

Me.

Do most of my surfing from the office, usually not that busy mostly client support, etc.

Also got a broadband 24/7 connection at home.

Stumblefist

I hear you buddie!

If I had to waste all my time working, I'd never get anything done.

I was selling used cars back in the late 80's early 90's, and I took some time off to get some personal buisness done because I didn't have time to do it and work at the same time, and I never went back. It seems there is always something that keeps popping up that keeps me from looking for and getting a job.

Unemployment ran out years ago.

I don't know how people do it [work] day after day, year after year. It looks SOOOO draining.
    Work? Who me??????????

this is my job also!!

This is part of my job also haha So I get to come on here all I want as Gene does. Sorry for everyone else.
    JOHnny
    "SEMPER FIDELIS" (always faithful) USMC
    I want to go to Iraq again for my next summer vacation!!!

pvwingchun . . . you fu cking rock dude. i have been begging for just that for two years now. if my woman could get a job making 3/4 of what i do i'd quit immediately and let her do it a while.
    where's my beer?

I'm not working right now, but I'm looking for work.

****ty work, from the way things are going. I'll soon be asking people stupid questions on the phone again, unless I hit the lotto tomorrow night.

Sloth is one of my top three deadly sins, tied for #1 with lust and gluttony. It's pretty much downhill from there, as pride, greed, wrath and envy really aren't that much fun.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Pah-thetic.

Let's see, took a year off after 7th grade, then started working at the ski area when I was 13. Worked three seasons with painting durring the summer. 3rd season I blew out my knee. three knee surgeries. started plumbing, hated my boss. Started electrition work, my boss hated me. now I'm 19 and I paint full time. and I'd do it all the same if I had it all over again LIfe's grand.

Geez Royal Dragon, with that rigorus (I should have stayed in schoo land learned to spell) train I hope I never fight you on the street
    I am nothing.

I actually have farely decent punctuation and grammer, but I'm a little drunk right now. I'm all for not working though, I called it 'plowing snow' in our worst winter (no snow) in 25 years. hee hee heee.
    I am nothing.

Sorry, i'm not trying to sound like a *****. Most my friends had it way worse, like many people. IT actually wasn't bad at all. I like working. just shootin the breeze.
    I am nothing.

It's all coo, Qi Dup. I really don't mind working, as long as I think I'm doing something relatively constructive and don't have some bigoted redneck cornhole riding my ass all the time. Which explains why I haven't been happy at work for some time now, come to think of it.

That three week span between the time I got the delivering sprinkler parts job and the time the bigoted redneck cornhole assriding manager was hired was my best time in recent memory, actually. Now that I'm going back to telenuisance, the only thing I have to look forward to is not being broke.

That's enough, right now.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

lay off jwtaylor chang. he fired you for a reason.
    where's my beer?

heh. He's got too much good sense to hire me in the first place.
    Crippled Avenger

LOL@GDA.

I've just been, er, not had my contract renewed at my job because there's no work and I'm a temp. So until my contract runs out or I get a new job I flit around forums all day.

It's alright.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist