Thread: Bak Mei - Slow Palm Set

Bak Mei - Slow Palm Set

Dear Bak Mei practitioners,
    I understand that much of the curriculum within the Bak Mei system is quite closed door, and any information that goes with it.

I would like to ask, have any of you ever heard of a Bak Mei form which is a palm set, soft (sometimes hard), flowing (then explosive) which looks like something inbetween Tai Chi and Fut Gar.

I have a form called Dai Fut Jeung (Big Buddha Palm), it was mentioned to my Si Sook that my Sigung said it was a set of Bak Mei Pai. Now it could have been a misunderstanding and he may have meant a set of "Bak Mor Jui" (White Haired Devil) of Hung Fut. Bak Mei and Bak Mor sound similar. I have a few sets of different styles I am trying to trace.

The set is unique and must have a VERY interesting history, hence my search. I have seen nothing like it anywhere.

In case you wonder why I do not ask my Sifu, he died ten years ago.

Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks in advance.

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

i saw one version of the slow palm set onece it looked a lot like tai chi mixed with some bagua.
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

Roughnready - i saw one version of the slow palm set onece it looked a lot like tai chi mixed with some bagua.

Well of course you did Troll boy. Then, you woke up and realized you had fallen asleep reading some of your favorite martial arts comic books. Of course, that was after you had exhaustively researched Chuka Fist and Hop Gar. Troll on pus ball, troll on.

Cannibalism is unequivocally a valid dynamic for all societies. I am, Hideous