Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Kung fu masters do you think would do well in NHB competitions?

Which Kung fu masters do you think would do well in NHB competitions?

tell us who and why

No KF master would engage in sport fighting. NHB is redundent, people would be injured or killed.

I would have to say...WONG SHUN LEUNG...he had a boxing background before YIP MAN skooled him...and he also had a JUDO( ??? ) background. He was very open minded martial artist and one of the reasons why Bruce Lee became successful.
    A

Don't know if the're really Kung Fu masters but Cung Le or Marvin Perry would do well if they learned some groundfighting - mainly defensive positioning and escapes.

.............. See no point in telling you.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Good lord, but that Marvin Perry is a bada$$. If I was younger, richer, a better parallel parker, and less married, I would be down at Boston San Shou in a heartbeat.

Alas...

--
    Rev. Tim

Rich Mooney would skool them all. Hickson, Silva, Tito none could even lay a hand on him before they were out.

Secretariat would do well, I think.
    K. Mark Hoover

J-Lo, the lady who played Emma Peal, and David Carradine.

Oh, I forgot Britney Spears.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Good segue, KC.
    K. Mark Hoover

If you want to win a a type of fighting you have to train for it. If a Kung Fu wants to win at NHB all you need is to take a top KF full contact fighter, hook up with Frank Shamrock or other top training schools for a couple months to learn submission fighting, ground control.... and he will do well.

The big issue is to train for it and be prepared for the attacks.

Budokan,

Thank you. My next show's at 5:00. Don't forget to tip the ladies on your way out.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Hickson?

A Kung Fu master would kill any supposed NHB toughguy.They are just too deadly for any type of competition.Kung Fu master such as Rich Mooney would make you bleed from the inside.
    Would you ask your men to carry a weapon that was “theorized” to work but had never been field tested to meet the high demands of modern day special operations? Of course not! Then why should we “assume” that the stunts and routines that are taught in most unarmed combative courses will work for real? The fact of the matter is that most of these courses, regardless of their many colorful origins, offer techniques that have not been “battle tested” against aggressive, non-compliant individuals.

The Shuai Chiao master Chang Tung Shen was undefeated in very many kung fu challenge fights, and being from Shuai Chiao, he would adapt to grappling better than others. I think he was a bada$$ and would do well. Fot Yeem Gat, master of the Jingwu school won a lot of challenge fights and beat Japanese MA'ists and Russian wrestlers as well. He HAD to have been a bada$$. If Bruce Lee was alive and at his prime today i think he'd crosstrain and adapt to MMA fighting and would do well in his weight class...but then we probably wouldn't consider him kung fu. But hey, he started from wing chun, didn't he. Close enough.

I would like to see Shi Yan Ming fight, he seems like he would be a bad@$$. Or maybe Tat Mau Wong in his prime.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/