Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Train like you Post ?

Thumbs down Do you Train like you Post ?

Hi guys , its the phantom poster again, I check up on the forum every few weeks wanting to get back into the flow of things posting as i used to.
    I remember back almost 2 years ago when this forum was my inspiration to practise for hours on end , i would post at midnight until 1 in the morning and practise from 1 until 4. Every night without fail. Mostly due to ppl like Rolls bringing out the best in me Giving me a reason to better myself in kf beyond my level to compete professionally.
    It was so much fun laughs at ralek , talking about kung fu and anything funny we could find.

Then the forum started to go sucky and now im sorry to say the forum is a joke. This forum is meant to represent kung fu and kung fu dudes, us , Does this forum represent you ?
    DO YOU TRAIN LIKE YOU POST ?

Look at all the posts , i cant find one without a whinge in it one without the words bjj in it and worst of all i cant find one that is a ctually related to kung fu !

If this was a Ferrari forum , every single post would be to the extent of jee i saw a nice mini today. Or whinge whine those guys in that civic dont like me cause ive got a ferrari.

Is this how you train you run a lap and tell the teacher

waaaa im tired , you stand a stance and you wanna go home to mummy.

Go visit another forum and see how much people like what they do not like this forum.

So many people have left this forum and its a shame.

Look at the real world nobody really gives a sh!t or a Fu(k what style you do. They will cuss you because it is a competitive sport, Imagine if football was the same, you know waaaa lemme cry to mommy cause the other team scored and they said we are no good.
    it is not the physical force which inspires the fear that makes men sick of
    soul so much as that which comes from the eyes, some subtle emanation from the personality as a gas that takes the strength from men's limbs.

Did you just mention BJJ. Don't you know this is a Kung Fu forum and not a BJJ forum. Why does everyone mention BJJ. I've never even posted the letters BJJ in any of my posts and will never post BJJ in any. Now lets get back to KF and drop the BJJ talk.
    Tapped Out

I've been hanging about on the other boards, particularly the Training and Health board. There's quite a few really good discussions going on there.

Seems to me the main kung fu forum here is more like the off-topic section.

Still I usually find it fairly hilarious. You guys come up with some funny stuff every now and then which helps me pass my time at work.

By the way, I think this should be the prize in the next KFO competition.

Wong, in all fairness, many of the topics that were talked about back in what you see as the heyday of this forum have already been covered just fine, and so we can go back and look them up instead of having to recreate them. Are the members of the ferrari forum making new threads to discuss proper brake pad removal when there is already a brake pad removal thread that sums it up nicely? No. Occassionaly, new topics come up, but there is no point rehashing the old ones since many of them are already here.

Also, I was lurking on this forum during the heyday you're talking about, and it wasn't so different, except some of the topics haven't been covered yet. You guys fell for Ralek just as much as the present bunch fall for Stacy or whoever else.

Not meaning to flame here, but I just don't buy this golden age cr@p.

However, you do have a good point about the fact that many are on this forum to be on this forum. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that, as long as people have lives away from this forum.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

The reason you "cant find one without a whinge in it one without the words bjj in it and worst of all i cant find one that is a ctually related to kung fu" is because you train kung fu EXACTLY as you post -

terribly.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Brad, who are you making fun off, its not funny
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

**** i forgot to mention bruce lee, jackie chan and jet li in that post

No in all seriousness guys, wouldnt you like to see this place with more of a kung fu is cool feel, rather than, this feeling of
    we are the desparate warriors, regroup the weary tired hungry soldiers, we are the silk pyjama wearers who are forever being picked on

I come to this forum and what do i see

1 striker beats grappler
    2 90% of fights go to the ground
    3 what grapplers think of us

thats 3/25 posts on the first page some1 sees when they come to this forum. Im not aiming this at the people who posted those but just looking at #3 what grapplers think of us we have such a good reputation in the martial arts world it amazes me.

Just read that post its a beauty. On their forum they tottally maul KF and then they actually admit that some of their guys are being D!cks on this forum.
    And we always fall for it.

Dont you guys want to be proud of doing kung fu and show that to people .
    it is not the physical force which inspires the fear that makes men sick of
    soul so much as that which comes from the eyes, some subtle emanation from the personality as a gas that takes the strength from men's limbs.

*ahem*

Isn't what you're doing here called "whinging"?

I mean really... skip the posts you don't want to read. No one holds a gun to your head to make you read anything.

I see a fair share of trolling and other behaviors around here... but it's not any different any other place these days. Hell... it wasn't any different years ago... there were just fewer people around online.

Whinging about whinging doesn't make it go away

Of course... now you could say I'm whinging about you whinging about whinging. *shrug*

Hau Tien

A lot of us don't bother to read or post in those "Grappling vs. Mothra" threads. So, the trolls don't get properly drowned out, and the threads go on, and some people get ****ed. I think, however, that very few people would actually leave KFO because of this - why wouldn't they just ignore those threads? And we all have to agree that the "fun" threads are generally entertaining, if at times boring. Again, if you have an interesting idea, post it.

-FJ

Wong--

You're boring.

I'm sure I'm one of the guys you're talking about.

Feel free to visit me in DC and find out how I train. Most people don't last an entire class the first few weeks.

Just because you don't post much here doesn't mean that those who do don't train hard.

Some of us are just bored at work in the middle of the night.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

MerryP, at least have some respect, even if you disagree with the mans opinion.

Xebs--I don't think I have to show any more respect than is shown to me--or the other individuals who post on this forum on a regular basis. I'm not a big turn the other cheek fan. When somebody says something that is both disrespectful and not necessarily true, I fly the bullshit flag at full mast.

I NEVER question anybody's personal training on here--it's not my place, and it's not his either.

Note--I didn't question Wong's training--I'm sure he trains hard. But the insinuation that others don't because of post volume is untrue. The MANNER in which he did it wasn't particularly nice.

I'm not exactly offended, but I don't particularly like what I percieve as arrogance--it burns me.

On the other hand, it's perfectly possible I've simply misinterpreted.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

ok dude i just thought the boring thing was a bit excesive but its ok dont mind.

Well, grappling is something, imo, that we should address in CMA. Although I agree we shouldn't dwell upon it. I have found the views of grapplers on this forum of some use to how I approach my practice. Check some of the other forums besides the main forum. You will find enough CMA stuff to fill your head no doubt.

Also, I have read up on KFO history, pathetically enough.
    You're telling me the "Golden Age" was when Ralek and his cronies were around? Or perhaps the wonderfully edifiying conflict between Reemul and TWS? Maybe a more interesting read for a conflict minded person. But better? Better is an objective term. Depends on where your priotities are.

Gabriel
    Forge Virtue and Honor in the hot fire of Hard Work

Expectation is the worst emotional disturbance - Yang Jwing Ming

Xebs--fair enough!