From what I've heard, it seems that the purpose of Green Dragon Studios is to catalog the widest variety of forms available. They have many rare sets. However, I don't think this is how the school works. It's not like every student is made to learn every form or whatever. But, I think cataloging the forms on video is like a side project or something.

That being said, I've heard that the fighters that the school produces are very powerful. I've seen video of some female students breaking concrete blocks, and of Sifu Allen breaking some big ass concrete block(s?).

Their school seems to have become known for being controversial in the 80's or something. Sifu Allen apparently had a column in Inside Kung Fu (I've never read any articles of his tho, unfortunately) and I think his opinion was basically "regardless of what techniques you know, if you lack the physical strength to pull it off the technique is worthless." I've heard their school is very big on strength development, and they have many (or at least many more than most schools) forms and strength sets designed for just this purpose.

Sifu Allen embodies this principle. He is a pretty big guy, and when he's giving lectures (at least on my tapes) he's constantly flexing his muscles and stuff. Not to say that size=strength, but he is a pretty big guy. He's a very forceful speaker, too. Somehow, however, I doubt that he got as big as he is by doing Stone Warrior all day.

Anyway, the 3 tapes of his that I've seen have been very informative and I would recommend them to people who want to see another perspective on Kung Fu. I've seen Stone Warrior, Iron Vest, and Fundamentals of Empty Hand Fighting. I haven't seen any regular forms tapes, tho, so I don't know how they are.

I know some people here either train at his school or have trained at his school, so ask them.

IronFist