Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training at Shaolin

lol its only co*cky

don't tell me its never even made you feel a lil special

I can't help but laugh when I hear someone excited over training at the shaolin temple Oh brother...
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Dengfeng has changed a lot in the past few years

Are the girls still into those sneakers with the 4 inch treads?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Give russbo a break ...

I think his site is a little text-heavy but the stories are funny as hell. Yeah, I can see where some women might take offense at some of his stories, but he tells it like it is. (I'm female, yeah I was a little offended but then I was laughing at the same time, especially the "special" massage story.)

Russbo sounds like someone who just rampages through China, leaving destruction and stunned natives in his wake.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

samantis

lol! I'm sure old doc (russbo) would be flattered that you think of him so. In truth, he doesn't really rampage, but is very respectful of other cultures when travelling. Especially there massages.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

shaolin a fake sorry

Let me start off by saying that the shaolin temple is fake. I'm not dogging it out, I am saying what you see and hear are only but a pretty picture of what the Chinese Gov. made up. Sorry guys/gals. I used to be just like you and think how I could join the temple. I have been studying martial arts for 13 yrs and talked to many masters from China and they tell me that the temple is a tourist trap. The monks are not even real. I even met some of them and watched how they train. They train in modern wushu. I train in wushu and I can tell you that's what they are doing. Not some mystical art from 2500 years ago. Chinese wushu back in the day didn't have 720 twists into splits and have half ass jokers doing modern wushu really badly. I admit some actually have some skill, but most from what I have seen and heard, its all propaganda. China is a very poor country. The people need money so they restore the temple after being torn down once during japanese occupation of ww2, and once in the Cultural Rev. Back in 1979 or 1980 there were reported that there were only 2 monks living there and when that awsome movie" Shaolin temple" came out, Starring my fav, Jet li, all these kids from all over China wanted to go and become monks. And then came the tourists. It really sucks that it came to this, but I have excepted the facts and moved on. I train very hard in wushu and traditional wushu. I am going to China in a year to live with some friends for a year or maybe even longer. I just want to say that I love shaolin temple as much as anyone but I know what is the truth and whats not. Sorry.

A fellow gong fu brother visited the temple this summer, his explanation of it was: "it was a friggin amusements park"
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

If were going to discuss this again...

...lets condense it to one thread - http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=15888

or create a new thread... much easier.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips