Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mcdojo.com"

flattop,

i insulted you? hopefully your feelings are as strong as your squats and you don't put much cred in my opinions on you personally. for all you guys know, i could be someone as tubby as ralek/rolls and with personality to match.

one problem: i owe you an apology -- i got some of your **** mixed up with phrost. i put your gym stats and his arrogance about being making $$$ and his impressive-sounding girlfriend together. that was my bad, and i've slapped myself silly for it.

so i guess i hate you only half as much.

kidding. and about the bicep? know the feeling. off-angle lift of a sandbag at work years back left me as a lefty for a bit. but we don't need to be reminded of your pobrecito bicep on a thrice-daily basis. we know you're a-hurtin.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

now back to the original topic... cheung was a chump for a few reasons:

1. issuing an open-door "anytime, anywhere" invite isn't too bright.
    2. using "not in my seniority" as an excuse. just fight the guy and prove that even silly people don't stand a chance.
    3. using the slipper excuse. if i show up at 3 a.m. and he's in his boxers and bunny slippers, doesn't that qualify as anytime, anywhere?
    4. not recognizing that someone who wants to fight you isn't the best person to turn your back on and walk away from. idiot.
    5. thinking that, after everyone's seen the video, that he'll be believed whehn he says that he actually did anything of measure in his defense.
    6. not taking advantage of the opportunity, in front of bunches of students, to show why TWC is supposedly the best.

honestly, i know there are a million more reasons and i know it's in retrospect, but ****, at least ONE of these reasons should have popped up at the time.

but to be fair and balanced, i'll just say this: emin's a thug. a skilled, strong thug, but he's still just a thug.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by jimmy23
    No chingei, thats heresy to say that
    Heh heh

Did you see the new clip on Mcdojo.com

Absolutely brutal, that guys arm isn't supposed to bend what way.

http://www.mcdojo.com

cool video, i dont knwo what that guy was thinking
    he should have tapped a lot earlier

That fighter was a moron. FIRST, he should have at least TRIED to step back, sprawl or something to avoid the takedown, Instead he leaned forward and literally fell into his arms.

THEN, wile on the ground, he was posiitoned to wrap around the BBJer's head and choke him out. Instead, it looks like he used a pressure point attack, which did loosen the BJJer up, only to redirect his attack.

THEN!!!, he had his hand on his chin trying to push his head away. "I" would have grabed his addams apple and squezed the life out of him till he tapped (Eagle claw would have been perfect).

There are at least 3 major mistakes this guy did, and we once again have a BJJ rules, and TMA's suck video when the BJJ guy should have had is ass handed to him EVEN AFTER THE TAKEDOWN!!!.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 11-08-2002 at 01:29 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

" "I" would have ... "

Then why don't you do it? I agree I don't like the BJJ is everything fanbois they are just as ignorant saying I would have ... dossent amount to anything either though if you aren't going to do it.

Maybe a he should have ... would be better.

Anyway good training to you all

There is also a Wing Chun vs Karate video clip on the download section. The first part shows 2 guys doing Wing Chun, horribly, then a match between a karate guy and supposedly a Wing Chun guy. Other than the fact the Wing Chun guys throws punches like a school girl and are thrown more like round punches than chain punches. Looked like he was watching some DBZ.

What I think about that though is this, there is more to the video than what we see. Maybe before the WC part was some Hung Gar, and after the karate match is some Choy Lay Fut, Shaolin, etc. Someone just edited the video to show the karate match and the Wing Chun guys and so people say its Wing Chun vs Karate.
    I have a signature.

Royal

Look again,

At the 43 second mark of the video the Karate fighter had his hand directly on the BJJ fighters throat. All the BJJ guy did was pivot his body and push his forearm away. It's a whole different world on the ground and the principles that work standing up have to adjusted for the ground. It all comes with experience, it's obvious the karate guy didn't have knowledge of the basic principles of grappling and he payed for it.

Grabbing the throat alone (without following up with something else) won't stop a guy on his tracks. His natural reaction would be of grabbing the arm, move the head away from the throat grab, or apply a jointlock.
    Last edited by Felipe Bido; 11-08-2002 at 03:08 PM.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

HOW TO DEFEAT A BJJER ON THE MAT:
    Say "Is that a Gracie", then, while the bjjer is distracted, bring in multiple opponents, all trained in eye gouges, and work him over for a while on broken bottles.

HOW TO DEFEAT A BJJER ON THE INTERNET:
    Turn on his spell checker and watch him complain about the 'stupid font color'.

Just an interesting note:

When the Karate guy grabbed the face of the BJJ guy (first he grabs his neck, then he looks for the eyes) The guys say "No se vale!" "A los ojos no se vale!" (It's not allowed! to the eyes is not allowed!"). The karate guy had a decent position (Not the best one).

If they would have allowed eye gouges, do you think the outcome of the fight would have been another? Just curious

I'll check the exact time mark

Edit: at 29 seconds
    Last edited by Felipe Bido; 11-08-2002 at 03:24 PM.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Of course it's all speculation at this point but no I don't think the outcome would have been any different.

Remember folks, we are seeing everything from a much different angle than they are.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    That fighter was a moron. FIRST, he should have at least TRIED to step back, sprawl or something to avoid the takedown, Instead he leaned forward and literally fell into his arms.

THEN, wile on the ground, he was posiitoned to wrap around the BBJer's head and choke him out. Instead, it looks like he used a pressure point attack, which did loosen the BJJer up, only to redirect his attack.

THEN!!!, he had his hand on his chin trying to push his head away. "I" would have grabed his addams apple and squezed the life out of him till he tapped (Eagle claw would have been perfect).

There are at least 3 major mistakes this guy did, and we once again have a BJJ rules, and TMA's suck video when the BJJ guy should have had is ass handed to him EVEN AFTER THE TAKEDOWN!!!.
    two of the mistakes you mentioned are two he may not have made if he had some grappling experience. The third, archangel already addressed.

If anyone wants to see other thoughts, maoshan posted a link to this ved a few days ago on the internal thread. The thread there has several pages, mainly bickering though, as usual on the internal board.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Eh, my sparring experience has shown me that I can usually control a fight from the stand-up. But, occasionally you WILL go down, and all the theories are nice about what happens and what you can do, but these guys are fighting there all the time and have evolved their art. Remember the old Chinese maxim "Without knowledge you are useless, without skill you are helpless." Well, without understanding and fighting these guys, TMA people become both useless and helpless.

And because the MMA types fight, they learn. The tricks I used first at the stand-up don't work anymore on the guys I fight regularly - I'm forced to keep evolving - and so do they.

But 'they's' mighty good on the ground, I take no shame in admitting the modern mma type does have a thing or two to teach the rest of us. (I just wish it didn't make me puke after too much groundfighting. I F@$#$%#! hate getting older.)

Personally, I think CMA is poisoned by the cult of the teacher. Your teachers are not supermen, and we would be all much better if we realized that. You should respect your teacher, but take him off the pedestal so he can risk himself without losing face. I mean, WTF, the JKD types let Danny Inosanto explore and try knew things. He's not afraid to get the crap beaten out of himself when learning new things. Why do we in the CMA world get so hung up?

And WTF - Tim Cartmell puts himself out there, so there's a positive role model, eh?

end rant...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star