Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATTN. AUSTIN TX Independants, And Enthusiasts

so far it looks like

chang style novice and kungfoocutie, maybe others if they are able to. i have emailed all that replied so i am awaiting other rsvp's
    MAny Respects,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

sweeeeeeet

No, wait. I mean

sweeeeaaaaat
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

TTT, since I see that Tom's hanging around.

Skipped class tonight, I'm a baaaad boy.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Sat

Hey all

If sat is still on I'll try to make it..is it still at the park off parmer @630

Greg

Post OKAY ITS SATURDAY

THE DEAL IS STILL ON SO SHOW UP PEOPLE. 6:30 @ WALNUT CREEK PARK. FOR THOSE WHO NEED DIRECTIONS SCROLL BACK AND YOU WILL FIND IT.

SO FAR WE GOT CHANG STYLE NOVICE KUNGFOOCUTIE(MAYBE)
    GGL AND POSSIBLY A FEW OTHERS. AT ANY RATE I HOPE ITS A GOOD TURN OUT. ANY OTHER AUSTIN AREA KF GUYS WANNA SHOW UP (GREYMYSTIC) PLEASE DO.

MANY RESPECTS, THE WILLOW SWORD
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Here's what happened; Willow picked me up after work, and we got to the park ~45 minutes early. We spent the time stretching, talking about what kind of training we'd had, shooting the breeze. Then GGL showed up, and we started demonstrating forms. After about 20 minutes of this, the sky started pouring rain, and GGL took off. Willow and I retired to a nearby watering hole and continued BSing for two beers. Then he dropped me off by my place, and we agreed it was a good idea that just got timed wrong.

More to come!
    Crippled Avenger

Cool YEAH

what he said.

MAny Respects,,The Willow Sword

Ok, we were there too. BUT we left a few minutes late and were going to be about 15-20 minutes late. I got up to parmer and I-35 like you said, then turned left on Parmer and drove and drove and drove looking for a buddhist temple, just like you said. WELL........ little did we know, you were suppoused to turn left onto Lamar from Parmer(not mentioned in the directions). We accidentally turned on Lamar after we drove past 620 and turned around going home. It was of course pouring when we got there and there wasn't anyone left. Your directions you gave us failed to mention to turn onto Lamar at all. That's why we weren't there. We really did get all our stuff ready and go up there, but by 7:30 or so, you guys were long gone. We have to try again, now that I know the directions to the park. Glad you guys had fun for a bit.

OOPS halfling

sorry about that. (my dyslexia acts up on occasion) well i am glad that you were able to find the place and that is where we will mett again. We got rained out so we didnt get to spar,,we just showed our forms and then it rained.

i expect that our next meeting would be next saturday,,but everyone needs to get intouch with me via my email address.

Many Respects,,The Willow Sword

I'm interested too

Hello,

I live in Denton and train in Wing Chun. I'd be interested in meeting/sparring some folks from the forum. Perhaps some of my brothers/sisters would be too. I'll keep an eye out for the next get together. PM me about the next event and I'll see if I can make it. As of yet, I've only touched hands with WC and 7* Mantis. What other styles might be there? Looking forward to it.

well with me youd be

touching hands with a hsing y pakua guy.

GGL is shia jiao
    changstyle novice is chang style taichi.

im not sure what hafling does.

you can correspond with me via email whirlwindshield@earthlink.net

Yup

Next time.. no wave hands like clouds OK.. that sucked.. but it was kool to see some other forms.. like they said within a matter of minutes I was drenched... and I really like to do it again..

Greg

Sorry guys

Sorry I couldn't make it. I had kungfu, would have rather skipped basic gim moves all night!

If I can come at all it'll have to be the 10th I have Nationals in Arlington the 17th and the Masters the following weekend.

Soooo
    none of this form stuff where's the action?

I hope to come! Need a chick to pump things up!!!

Talk to ya'll soon

the 10 th sounds good

thats next saturday right? but uhh if you have nationals dont you think that you should take it easy on the sparring? you dont wanna get injured and not be fresh for the tourney.

easy on the sparring!

Rest up?! I won't get injured I'll be fine, its only AAU Nationals.

I appreciate the concern but I'm a tough girl I can take it.

Just let me know, could it be possible to have it earlier?