Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: i want to clarify my stance on things here.....

good to know.

look, i'm in no mood to argue with you. say what you want. reap what you sow.

good times.

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

I want to clarify my stance on things, too.

First off, Ryu, I'm sick of you hogging all the asian cuties to yourself, it's all ego, and I for one am sick of it. Trips to the market with multiple asian cuties are all big selfish ego trips, if you ask me.

Apoweyn, I'm sick of you horning in on my "reasonable guy" approach, you've shown some improvement in this thread, but still, quit being so reasonable, you know it's all about you.

and to the rest of you, I'm sick of all your posting, your self involved "lets talk kung fu" threads, your crying jags late at night into the keyboard, all "nobody loves me, boohoohoo, my tai chi has too many hippies" egotistical bullcr@p, and I know you'll all reply, but really, it's just more of this ego stuff. After all, only I post with the welfare of the world in mind, not like you bunch of losers.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

I am the only person on this entire thread that is not elitist and judgemental.
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Merry Prankster, while I do not know Willow and so am not aware of his posting style, I would challenge you to think about the idea that you do not compete for ego.
    Dont get me wrong! I am not slamming you, I myself compete, and for me it is a personal challenge and that to me involves the ego. Part of the problem is that this attitude has been put in a bad light. IMHO, to compete has to include ego to some degree, but I will admit that I am occasionally wrong

Way to go Willow Sword!!.......moral veneer flakes off.....turn to humor instead. Top Banana!!!

Yup, there is "ego," involved. But to fight for the pride of winning will guarantee you remain mediocre because you will only fight mediocre competition forever!

It's no less ego to strive to do your best. A strong sense of self is all about ego, working hard at kung fu isn't egoless either...who are you getting good for? Your neighbor?

There's a difference between ego, and pride, however.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

MP - I agree with you, it just seemed as though your comment on no ego was absolute. Thanks for clarifying.