Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Duty of Care

I was going to post something serious

and point out the fact that this person failed in his responsibility to his friend. If what he originally posted is even partly true, then he, as the 'experienced'(?) martial artist, should have steped in and said it's time to go. He let his friend get hurt, and so he should be sued, by his own standards.

But what would be the point in saying anything serious here now?

By the way, for those of you who watch such things, this has got to be one of the fastest growing threads on this forum. A real phenom'. Anyone have the stats?

2. Not all that fast.. it started in Jan. 2001.

dnc101

This thread is actually the reason I joined this forum. The school Gokky talks about is actually the school I attend, though I was not there at the time. After that I got trapped by the silliness on this forum and never left.

The events related kinda happened - obviously his view of what happened is very different to the view presented to me by my training brothers.

From what I was told, he was very disrespectful both to our sifu and to other students, not to mention the art itself. When he was not able to perform the exercises and drills that were being trained, he altered them to his own liking and almost injured several students.

When all is said and done, he could always have walked away from the class. He was not forced to continue. His own ego and pride forced him to continue with exercises that he claimed were injuring him.

Anyway, the funny thing is that after everything had blown over I heard that he is disliked even in his own school.

BTW feel free to post any question regarding care of your Goktimus and I will try to help
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

He's disliked everywhere by everyone. He's quite simply dislikeable in the extreme.

Face like a dropped pie! Ah, every one a classic.

By the way, JoeDoe. I've recently been bonsai'ing a couple of young Goktimii and am obviously avoiding milk and cheese. However, they keep breaking free form their bonsai restraints in order to fellate each other. It's becoming very frustrating. Any suggestions?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Kill them. Every one of them.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

where the hell did this post come from? looks like the longest ever! most of it seems to be joe and fish though

i think tae li's thread on jet li (well, i think about 5 of the 30 pages or so is on jet li) has this one beat though.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Hey Serpent...I've been training secretly in the mountains and...
    OK, that's complete crap.
    Haven't spent much time on the net recently, but it's good to visit here again.I'll have to try and make it a more common event.
    __________________________________________________ __________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

JoeDoe. Best advice you could have given.

Fish. Don't be a stranger.

Everyone else. Please join in the Duty Of Care thread and it will never die!

I'm just waiting for Kelvin Chan to make a reappearance!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

i just read this whole thread!!!! work is real interesting tonight lol

tae lis thread still has this one beat i reckon

joedoe & prana: u guys cracked me up! funny guys

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Face like a dropped pie

Every time ...in stitches
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

"Ow, that hurts, stop it!"

I predict we have not heard the last of Kelvin Chan. He will reappear someday. He has to. It's one of the signs of the Apocalypse, I think...
    K. Mark Hoover

It lives again!

While the Got Qi girls thread has way more replies, this thread is definitely the longest lived I have seen. Just keeps getting dug up, and refuses to die. May it forever stand as a warning to any wimpy kung fu hippies who want to train without getting bruised

Talking

Just keeps getting dug up, and refuses to die.
    D00dy ov K4r3 in tha house, boyeeee!!!

Oh, mercy!

I almost think that this one should be the basis for some kind of drinking game... mention it, & you gotta drink or something
    Last edited by ZIM; 06-18-2003 at 06:08 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب