Thread: What I heard at the campus gym the other day

What I heard at the campus gym the other day

"If your legs are sweating it means they're getting cut."

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

That's good to hear. My legs were sweating today, and all I was doing was sitting around. They're gonna look great with all this heat!

I was thinking the same thing...

You mean it's not true??!??! Now you tell me...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Dude

My chest sweats, I must be one cut dude...wait, how did you mean cut? Was this guy in a fight?

Useless note: I heard the better shape you are in the sooner you sweat when working out etc.

Re: Dude

Originally posted by Aramus
    Useless note: I heard the better shape you are in the sooner you sweat when working out etc.
    I must be in the best shape out of everyone in my class... I walk in and POW... I'm sweating:P

It's fun during two-man exercises (grabs, locks, etc) cause my arms have this sweat slick on them... makes me REALLY hard to grab... And poor Lisa usually gets to be my partner. She's got smaller hands and with my bigger arms being sweaty... Well... let's just say she really has to work her grip

Sweat

Supposedly (depending on your body) that the more in shape you are the sooner your body sweats. I've been told this is because your body knows what is going on and is attempting to keep your body's core temperature at a constant. It knows what is going on and is fully ready for action.

Or you just sweat a lot like me.

My ass is gonna be soooo cut.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

right up there with your berries.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

i think the sweating thing is mostly genetics, but i could be wrong. it takes a little bit to get me sweating, but then i look like someone pee'd all over me.
    where's my beer?

what about drooling? will that make me cut?
    __________________________________________________ __________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

no, but what you do while drooling may have an effect.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I often see people jogging, or even doing soccer training, in tops, tracksuit bototms or even jackets under the impression this is doing something for their fitness. I even remember Paul Gascoigne did something similar to get fit.

My understanding is all this type of training does is acclimatise you to heat - and that by prematurely heating the body up you actually reduce the potential to train the muscles hard and so limit the gains in fitness available.

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by popsider
    My understanding is all this type of training does is acclimatise you to heat - and that by prematurely heating the body up you actually reduce the potential to train the muscles hard and so limit the gains in fitness available.
    People think sweating = burning more fat or whatever. All stuff like wearing this heat suits does is heat you up more and dehydrate you more. More water loss will make you weigh less, but as soon as you drink again your body gains the water weight back. Plus, it's dangerous to lose extra water because your body might become dehydrated.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.