Thread: Train with me!

Train with me!

I posted this on the kung fu forum about a week ago.

Would anyone here be willing to come here and train with me and my teacher?

Pittsfield , Ma
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

Is Pittsfield a small town or something?

Hello,

Move to Boston!

Jim

No its a city in western ma. Its like a smaller springfield kinda.

guess what its #1 in the world for drug trafficking.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

Maybe later Jim.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

Yes certainly, email me and I'll give you my address to send the plane tickets and information about the hotel you'll be paying for. Nothing fancy - so long as its got 24 hour room service and a mini-bar.

"If I had known"--too bad.
    I was in Boston for several days recently. If we had planned ahead of time -could have come your way by staying an extra day.
    I do try to visit wing chun schools and people when I travel.

Yuanfen,

What kind of reception do you normally get when visiting other schools (with a different lineage than your own)? Also, do you observe or workout and do you call ahead? I have always wanted to visit other wing chun schools when I travel but have only read about these visits turning into horror stories on the net.

Thanks,
    A Fellow Phoenician

Joe,
    Sorry for posting off topic.
    Last edited by Gandolf269; 09-19-2002 at 12:01 AM.

Re: Train with me!

Originally posted by Martial Joe
    I posted this on the kung fu forum about a week ago.

Would anyone here be willing to come here and train with me and my teacher?

Pittsfield , Ma
    Hi Joe.

I have a friend in MA, who used to train with us. Far as I know he isn't with any group now. I'd be happy to pass along your info to him "just in case."

If you and your teacher are open to visits, there's always a chance we might be able to cross paths (or hands) next time I'm in the area. I'd consider it a privilege.

Let me know how best to contact you or your sifu. I occasionally get inquiries on Wing Chun in MA among other areas, and would be happy to pass the word along.

Regards,
    - Kathy Jo

Kj~ You can email me.

The best way to get a hold of him is to email him or call him.

once I get that info il post it.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

Gandolph 269you asked) They can become horror stories.
    But has not for me so far.
    I am no masochist and left childish things back in childhood.
    Been there- done that kind of attitude towards fighting.Thats
    for kids, fools some times real evil folks.
    I love the art of wing chun and have travelled to see different versions of it over the years- when I have time. When i find genuine mutual curiosity we share what we do. Otherwise we go our way. Of course I call ahead. From your profile- you are in WT
    right? Steve Frerich( a friend of Sonenburg) used to be in WT here in Phoenix- havent seen him in years- we have rolled and he took me to some WT gatherings years ago and to a Rene Latosa seminar. Another
    out of state WT guy is a friend- we have met when he came to Arizona. I have travelled to Hawaii to see Yeung's folks at the old YMCA in Honolulu- now closed down. Travelled to HK several times. Several different states in the US. Visited with 3 different lineage folks in the last 5 months
    in friendly fashion in two vert distant states.. The latter can be done. Rene's friends have done friendship seminars and the Kenneth Chung folks have their picnics--- friendly gatherings- I have not been able to take advantage of that. Am a a very busy guy- but when I find a window- I seize the time.Not interested in promoting myself.But you learn to avoid idiots.... visiting em or being visted by em. Very unfortunate that wing chun does not have a real fraternal culture. But I do get around.Joy/a fellow Phoenician

Gandolph 269you asked) They can become horror stories.
    But has not for me so far.
    I am no masochist and left childish things back in childhood.
    Been there- done that kind of attitude towards fighting.Thats
    for kids, fools some times real evil folks.
    I love the art of wing chun and have travelled to see different versions of it over the years- when I have time. When i find genuine mutual curiosity we share what we do. Otherwise we go our way. Of course I call ahead. From your profile- you are in WT
    right? Steve Frerich( a friend of Sonenburg) used to be in WT here in Phoenix- havent seen him in years- we have rolled and he took me to some WT gatherings years ago and to a Rene Latosa seminar. Another
    out of state WT guy is a friend- we have met when he came to Arizona. I have travelled to Hawaii to see Yeung's folks at the old YMCA in Honolulu- now closed down. Travelled to HK several times. Several different states in the US. Visited with 3 different lineage folks in the last 5 months
    in friendly fashion in two very distant states.. The latter can be done. Rene's friends have done friendship seminars and the Kenneth Chung folks have their picnics--- friendly gatherings- I have not been able to take advantage of that. Am a a very busy guy- but when I find a window- I seize the time.Not interested in promoting myself.But you learn to avoid idiots.... visiting em or being visted by em. Very unfortunate that wing chun does not have a real fraternal culture. But I do get around.Joy/a fellow Phoenician

Dont worry...we arent idiots.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI