Thread: What I saw at my Campus Gym the other day

What I saw at my Campus Gym the other day

My friend who I haven't seen in a year or so comes up to me and we're like "hey." He goes "I just ran for 30 minutes" or something and I'm like "cool." He goes "look what I did" and he lifts up his shirt to reveal his stomach wrapped with seran wrap. "It helps you burn more fat" he says.

I know this guy and I know he's not interested in a biological explination of why that's not the case, so I just told him "I gaurantee you it doesn't." I said it just makes you uncomfortable and dehydrated and he goes "yeah it's really uncomfortable."

He said someone at Bally's told him to do it cuz it helps you burn more fat.

Hahahahahahahaha.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

What about those neoprene belts they sell in Wal-Mart?
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Is that a serious question?

IronFist

My Mum's next door neighbour went to a health spa club or suite or whatever they call them places. They measured her wiast, wrapped her in cling-film for a hour and a half, put her in the sauna and then measured her waist again.

Low and behold, she was a whole inch slimmer and thrity quid poorer.

There you have it, sit in the sauna all day and sweat yourself thin. it's amazing what utter rubish people will believe if it promises a quick and easy, if uncomfortable way to that perfect body.

It's a shame that the health industry preys on desperate, fat people so easily. Although, I would also call these people stupid, since if you have a problem you are that desperate to remedy, they could at least do some bloody research before they spend all their money losing localized water storage that will be back within a day.

**** Bally's

I actually applied at Bally's when I was looking for a trainer's job a while back. All they care about is getting money, not helping the individual. I was told that to work there, I had to sell a quota of their products(supplements etc.). I said no.
    A few weeks later, one of the senior students in my Karate class came up to me because she knew I wanted to be a trainer, and asked me about the program her son was on.
    It seems that some schmoe at Bally's had told her son, who wants to put on a few pounds, that he needs to drink like 5 or more protein shakes A DAY and cut carbs to almost nothing. I didn't get a chance to ask about the actual physical program he was on but I told her that advice was a money waster.
    Amazing what people tell clients. YEESH
    -ZC
    "Whole body become secret weapon." -Uncle explaining the benefits of Kung Fu.

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

why the hell would you cut carbs if you want to gain weight. i understand protein is more important for building muscle, but it seems logical to me that carbs would also be good if you want to put on the pounds. especially considering you a lot of diets have you cut carbs to lose weight. am i missing something or are those bally people just that fu cking retarded.
    where's my beer?

am i missing something or are those bally people just that fu cking retarded

You're not missing anything.

IronFist

I agee with ironfist, you are no missing anything.

BTW these kind of idiots are not just in Bally's. I used to work for Bally's lower end gyms in San Francisco (Pinnacle, gorilla sports, etc.) and most the trainers I would have to say are not that good. I now work for Crunch and the level of trainers is MUCH better. I think it has to do with pay scale. The lower end gyms attract people who get paid low money because the are not the high caliber trainers. If you go to the higher end clubs, the pay is better attracting better people.

The Fitness industry is kind of like the real estate industry attracts alot of idiots, but does have a number of stars.

side note, did you all know that Billy Banks started his Tae bo craze at Crunch?

Brian
    San Francisco, CA

Just ask a traininer what certification he has. Generally, and NSCA or ISSA certified traininer will know his sh!t, but if you get an ACE certified traininer or some other smaller organization, it's best to stay away...or at least get a background check done on the org.

Or, as I would recommend, train yourself. The internet is such a great resource for fitness knowledge. Forums like this will allow you to sift through a lot of the bodybuilding myths that many of the gear heads and inept trainers will keep spouting out. You can learn everything you need to know about training with a couple good websites and some helpful internet geeks, all that is left for you to do is go train afterwards.

should have told him to wrap it around his face and go running for
    30 min....he wouldn't have to worry about anything then
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."