Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wong Fei Hung Tourney

Wong Fei Hung Tourney

To all -

WONG FEI HUNG NORTHEASTERN ALL KUNG FU CHAMPIONSHIP

The 2002 Wong Fei Hung All Kung Fu championship will be held on September 28th at:

Fairleigh D1ckenson University
    George and Phillys Rothman Center
    Hackensack, NJ

Tiger Crane Forms Division
    Five Animal Forms Division
    Southern Long/Short Hand Forms
    Northern Hand Forms
    Wushu
    Fighting Sets
    Weapons Forms
    Push Hands, Chi Sau, Shuai Jao
    Sparring

Yee's Hung Ga Kung Fu Association
    68 Union Avenue
    Clifton, NJ 07011
    (973) 772 8988

www.yeeshungga.com

Hope to see you all there.
    "The Wolf does not regard the barking dog"

Watch!

Watch Norman Chin's "Jook Lum" Southern Mantis Circus
    as his students perform Hung Ga forms!!!!!!

Just trying to keep everyone informed

The Tourney is only three weeks away....

Also - we wanted to let everyone know that we are changing things around some and the fighting will be first....starting at 9:30 in the morning (as opposed to the typical after-the-forms timeslot).

Hope to see you all there.

WFH Tournie

I'll see you there.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu
    The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Will he or won't he???

Will Sifu Tommy Grant bring his Hung Ga boys (in thier own school's shirts) to the tourney this year?

He was brainwashed by into having his students compete in NORMAN's shirts for a few years now.

Talking Fun

It should be interesting seeing the fighting divisions posted first thing instead of waiting for forms. Should be a lot of fun.
    Blackspear

the chen village style push hands competition can someone describe the rules and the time it will take place.

Transportation

Can anyone tell me how I can get from the city to the tournament? I'd like to spare the money renting a car, but I don't know the distance from Manhattan to the convention center.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Here ya go

Via Public Transportation:
    Frequent bus service to and from New York City (Port Authority is about a 35 minute ride) serves
    stops at River Road in Teaneck on Route 4. Contact Rockland Coaches 201-384-2400 or NJ Transit 201-762-5100 for exact schedules.

By car:
    From South/Florida: Take the Garden State Parkway north to Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Exit Route 4 at River Road. Campus parking is on the right.

From North/NYC: Take the Garden State Parkway south to Exit 163 to Route 17 South, then stay right for flyover onto Route 4 East. Exit Route 4 at River Road. Campus parking is on the right.

Buby
    Last edited by Buby; 09-20-2002 at 06:56 AM.

Post direction

Hi please refer to www.yeeshungga.com web page for direction and please call NJ transit for public transportation. Any further instruction please call the number listed on the web site.

Thks

DF

meltdawn please be sure to come by and say hi, looking fwd to meeting in person finally.

Buby, thank you! That's just the info I was looking for. With all the New Yawkahs I know, I would have thought someone would be making a day trip... but heck, buses are cool. I will call and find out if one runs before 8:30 am registration. Are you going to watch? FT's "eye in the sky"? Inquiring minds want to know...

DF,
    I would have emailed you about this, but lost your address. (Sorry!) Will be terrific to meet you too! I did read the directions on the site, but if you have any more info for me, please email me at meltdawn2@hotmail.com.

Anyone else going from out of state? Anyone fron Flahridah? Come on y'all.... the NYers just came for our tourney.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Buby - thanx

Thanx for posting the directions Buby but I think those lead to the other side of the campus as opposed to the side where the Rothman Center is.

These are the directions from the Yee's Hung Ga site (www.yeeshungga.com):

George and Phyllis Rothman Center of Fairleigh ****inson University

** New Jersey Transit Information 201-762-5100 - Location: FDU – Hackensack Avenue and Temple Avenue

1. From Route 4, Traveling EAST (From Garden State Parkway):

Exit at Hackensack Avenue heading SOUTH (Immediately following Main Street exit. Proceed to traffic light at Temple Avenue, turning left. FDU’s Rothman Center is located at the end of Temple Avenue.

2. From Route 4, Traveling WEST (from George Washington Bridge):

Exit at the second Hackensack Avenue exit (the Business District). Proceed to the traffic light at Temple Avenue FDU’s Rothman Center is at the end of Temple Avenue.

3. From Garden State Parkway NORTH:

Take the GSP north to Exit 161 (Route 4 East) Travel on Route 4 until reaching Hackensack Avenue. Follow DIRECTIONS #1 (From Route 4 EAST).

4. From Garden State Parkway SOUTH:

Left exit to route 17 SOUTH. Proceed to Route 4 East. Travel on Route 4 until reaching Hackensack Avenue. Follow DIRECTIONS #1 (From Route 4 EAST)

5. From the NJ Turnpike SOUTH:

Take the NJ Turnpike to Interchange 11 to the Garden State Parkway NORTH. Take the GSP to Route 4 EAST. Follow DIRECTIONS #1 (From Route 4 EAST)

6. From Route 80 EAST (Note: from LOCAL lanes only--you cannot exit from express):

Exit at the Hudson Street-Hackensack-Little Ferry Exit. At end of ramp, turn left toward Hackensack and Hudson Street. Continue until road ends, turning left toward Hackensack. At the first traffic light, turn right and proceed until road ends. Turn left onto River Street (which becomes Hackensack Avenue). Drive straight through to Hackensack, approx 5 minutes. After passing light at Sears Roebuck, continue to second traffic light, turning onto Temple Avenue. FDU’s Rothman Center is located at the end of Temple Avenue.

7. From Route 80 WEST (Note: from LOCAL lanes only--you cannot exit from express):

Exit at the Hudson Street-Hackensack-Little Ferry Exit. Proceed through traffic light.

( Hudson Street ) to next light. Turn left on River Street and follow DIRECTIONS #6 (From Route 80 EAST)

8. From Lincoln Tunnel:
    Take the I-495 WEST ramp. Merge onto I-495 WEST, Take the I-95/NJ Turnpike NORTH exit towards US-46. Merge onto I-95 NORTH, which becomes I-80 WEST. Follow DIRECTIONS #6 (From Route 80 EAST).

9. From Holland Tunnel:
    After exiting tunnel, go straight up the ramp and follow signs for NJ Turnpike NORTH. Merge onto I-95 NORTH, which becomes I-80 WEST. Follow DIRECTIONS #6 (From Route 80 EAST).

Opps...Sorry!

Didn't mean to mislead anyone. I pulled the directions off the college website. Sorry for the misleading info.

Melty - Yeah, I'll be there with my KF bro Lou. We were going to enter (short hand forms and fighting), but Lou just opened up his Thai school, so all our practice time was dedicated to getting the school up and running. There's always next year and hopefully we'll have sifu by our sides.

I'm going in Lou's wip(car), I'll ask him if there's room for one more.

DF - Can a ranked pro fighter enter your tourney for fighting?

Take care,
    Buby
    Last edited by Buby; 09-20-2002 at 11:47 AM.

Buby,
    Sure why not, but I don't know why a ranked pro fighter would want to enter an amateur event. Keep in mind, this is not a full contact event due to insurance reason.

Meltdawn,
    I see you at the tourny and please use Whyzyrd's direction.

DF

DF

To test his Kung Fu. He's a ranked pro thai boxer, and as we all know KF and Thai are not the same. He just wants to perfect his KF, but doesn't want to hurt anyone in the process.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my ?.

Take care,
    Buby