Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aussie kung fu

Aussie kung fu

Hey i'm new to these boards

im doing a style of kungfu called Ging mo kune

our website is at www.malcolmsue.com.au

its not a finished website yet but some of it works.

tell me what u think about it

the roots of our martial art are deep in southern style praying mantis
    Use attack as your indestructable spirit

wow excellent design! can't wait till u have the whole site up good job!

I think I saw a demo by some of your guys a few years ago. You guys are Perth-based aren't you?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Yeah Perth based, Western Australia.

I'd like to think of our school as being one of the best kung fu schools in the southern hemisphere.

Theres only 3 Kungfu schools in Western Australia as far as my knowledge goes anyway.

being : Roger Smarts Wing Chun, Malcolm Sue's Ging mo kune, and Choy Lay Fut academy.

All being absolutely fantastic clubs. (ive checked them all out)

Cool hey man

hey man hows it goin ?

I'm from perth aswell, but i do choy lay fut buk sing .... at balcatta

I know malcom sue utilises those rings around your wrists .... i heard that his style of kung fu is not a style as such but more of a blend of several styles ........ is this true ?

Also.... have you heard about that kickboxing vs kung fu thing >.............. word on the street is that those kung fu fighters are training at our school
    heheheh

nice to know of someone else in the city who also come to these boards ............

..........................OFF TOPIC....................

how f.ucked up is the s.hit that happened in bali ...... my deepest sympathies for anyone related to the incident
    " All I see is racist faces, misplaced hate makes disgrace of races " Tupac

hey how are yuh mate

yeah we utalize the shaolin rings after about 5 months of training

youve gotta learn the basics first, and get a bit of conditioning of course

the style malcolm sue teaches is "Ging Mo Kune" which was named by the head of the shaolin temple in china - hanon i think?

it means - "the escence of martial arts"

malcolm sue was a master of tong long - southern style praying mantis before this, and then traveled around learning other styles.

its mainly tong long, but he has dispensed with the "less important bits" and thrown in the best of what else he has learnt and mastered over the years

(all this is correct to the best of my knowledge but you might want to ask an instructor at the school for a 100% accurate layout of things)

anyway, id love to hear about your training, if you want to reply in this forum (what weapons you learn, training methods, other affiliations)

p.s. my instructor said that its unfair to make a kung fu student fight a thai boxer using the thai boxers "Rules"

he said in real life your aloud to step on feet, gauge eyes, and throw chairs at them (whatever needs to be done) which is alot different from a "controled fighting area"

Hi Ging Mo Fighter,
    Does Malcolm and his inner gates still teaches the good old chow gar tong long forms ( i mean sarm bo gin, bik kiu, pai kiu, ying kum, swimming dragons )??

Do you guys still do Doi Jongs and pok, pak, pai, gow conditioning or has he changed it completely???

His teaching was very different back in the old days, I seen some of his Ging Mo videos, it's a lot harsher than traditional chow gar.

What did uncle Nat has to say about his new style or styles???
    Have you ever done any traditional chow gar before??

H. Gow
    Sunnybank, Brisbane.

lesser bits?

its mainly tong long, but he has dispensed with the "less important bits" and thrown in the best of what else he has learnt and mastered over the years...

What lesser bits of chow gar has he dispensed with and what has he added?

regards

both of those questions are best refered to someone at the school, one of the instructors, as i'd only be speculating

the training is very conditioning orienatated, not only being mentally conditioned to fight when needed to, but so that you dont bruise up when youve gotta use your tools.

For those interested, my current hand conditioning techniques are
    -
    gow choy, pay sow jong.
    gar sow, pock sow, gow choy jong.
    gar sow, pock sow, gow choy, pay sow jong.
    bill sow, die sow jong. (ok this one rules, but its hard sometimes)
    finger press jong.
    bill sow, chow got jong.

this is just the hand conditioning we do with each other, not by ourselves.

are the kung fu fighters you speak of the ones Phon brought over to fight in his last 2 shows?

probably not, we do not compete in sporting events

or events with padding and rules etc

'how f.ucked up is the s.hit that happened in bali ...... my deepest sympathies for anyone related to the incident'
    yes it is absolutely terrible, all these fuckin' scumbag terrorists who can't realise that this a small planet, and that there is no room for their political and religious beliefs to cause trouble with people who simply do not share their views. they should all be killed instantly.
    what's worse is all these so-called australians, you know, the people who come out here to live to escape the harsh living conditions of their former countries, not being able to actually appreciate what they now have, ie a better life.
    instead they bring all their political and religious garbage with them and try and make the rest of us who couldn't give a fuck suffer with all their shit.
    i am not racist, i love all people no matter what colour their skin or religous beliefs, i just hate assholes(which does mean plenty of white aussie people i have met as well)
    i personally don't have a religion that i follow but my thoughts definitely go out to all the relatives of those that are suffering.
    i have just found out that a friend of mine arrived there last thursday, he was however lucky enough to have escaped without injury and is already back home.
    sorry for going O/T but i hate all this and i needed to rant.
    vts
    Last edited by vingtsunstudent; 10-14-2002 at 02:31 AM.
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

Originally posted by vingtsunstudent
    what's worse is all these so-called australians, you know, the people who come out here to live to escape the harsh living conditions of their former countries, not being able to actually appreciate what they now have, ie a better life.
    instead they bring all their political and religious garbage with them and try and make the rest of us who couldn't give a fuck suffer with all their shit.
    vts
    Before people jump on you, I'd like to say that as a person who wasn't born in Australia I totally agree... If you choose to call Australia your home, then leave your issues and prejudices behind.

thanks anton
    if people wish to have a go at me for these statemants then that is fine but like i said, i have no hatered towards any person for their religious or political beliefs just don't be an asshole(cause an a-hole is an a-hole no matter what their skin colour, religionor whatever) and think that we all must believe in it or we should die, if you wish to come here and live then that is fine just leave all your shit behind and start a fresh.
    i don't believe that there is one person who believes that terorist acts are the way to solve anything.
    vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

No ones gonna attack you for that. What you said is pretty reasonable. I agree with it atleast.

Oh yea and to stay on topic. That's an excellent site Ging Mo. I especially like the music. Its really clear and plays automatic. That a nice touch. The flash animation is top notch.