Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do for lunch

What to do for lunch

For those of you who actually work and bring your lunch with you, what do you eat for lunch? I am looking for some ideas since I can only tolerate so many turkey sammiches.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

get ground turkey, cook it into spicy chili, and pack it in a tupperware type box with a big ol' hunk of cornbread.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

When I bring lunch, usually a salad and some soup, sammich, or leftovers. As far as the turkey goes, I like to hook it up, avocado, tomatoe, green leef, and some hot mustard.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Re: What to do for lunch

Originally posted by ewallace
    For those of you who actually work
    That already eliminates most people here.

lots of tuna/hamburger helper.
    where's my beer?

If you cook, you can just put your meals in those Ziploc containers (like thin tupperware.) Example: Spaghetti w/meat sauce, or stewed chicken and rice in seperate containers so the rice doesn't get soggy. Then you just pop it in the Microwave at work.

Yeah I have a few of those plastic ziplock containers.

I try to make enough for lunch when I cook at night. But sometimes I need something that's fast and healthy.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Being the weird guy that I am, I try to avoid eating bread and other wheat related foodstuffs, so I can't fall back on the easy sammich.

When I'm organised I try to grill up a bit of chicken before I leave my house. I put it in a tub with some salad of some kind - usually young spinach - and season it in some way.

Otherwise I'm a big fan of cooking a bit too much the night before and taking the excess to work with me. I don't usually bother re-heating it. I'm perfectly happy eating cold rice and stir fry.

Another thing I'm interested in.

Between meals, what do you all snack on during your bored hungry hours at the office?

I'm a bad one for munching all day. Some of my colleagues say they never see me when I'm not eating something. They reckon in a few years I won't be able to fit behind my desk.

Right now, I'm grazing on some high quality raisins. Ideally I'd be eating bananas when I get peckish, but I keep forgetting to buy them, and they have to be at just the right stage of ripeness or I don't like them. Sometimes I eat cashew nuts, but I've got a bit of a sweet tooth. My real weakness is flapjacks. When I'm not feeling very strong willed (pretty much all the time) I can get through like three a day. Chocolate dipped ones as well. Mmmm.

So what do you all snack on to keep those eating urges at bay?

(Yes, you all know I'm bored)

don't want to spoil your lust for rasins but there was a test here few months back where they found something that could cause cancer in raisins (something with the way there were made if i remember right) might wanna surf around on the web a bit to try and find out more?

www.google.com is a good place to start your search.

wow u guys have time to have lunch? hehe
    just kidding
    i'm thinking when i start fulltime work again
    i'm going to go train during the lunch hour

Weird, I did a search on raisins and cancer and found a few hundred pages about how raisins help fight cancer.

The raisins I'm eating are 'raisins on the vine'. They're still attached to the stalks, like a bunch of grapes, only they're raisins. I don't like normal raisins, they tend to be glazed with vegetable oil to make them look more appealing. These ones have nothing added, they're just plain old sun dried grapes.

I just usually look in the company fridge and look for the best meal, take it out, go to my car, and eat it, and throw the packaging in the back of someone's pick-up truck

LOL
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I usually bring a small tupperware of rice or pasta. I just have
    whatever's left over. Sometimes I eat out since it's right smack in the middle of downtown so there's lots of places to go. Usually, some pasta, w/ a tomato based sauce. Put some mushrooms and dices onions in it and some garlic.

On snacks..I don't snack often. If I do, it'd just be a can or bottle of apple juice or sobe.