Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BJJ in a street situation

Taosboy hit it rite on the nail! This JOHN was looking to WIN...and it cost him a broken hand and cheek bone! The same could be said of a striker who decides to beat the hell out of one guy...unaware that the other guy SUCKER PUNCH him from behind! OUCH! Either way...same situation...being unaware...one thing about the SKATER vs. 4 guys video proof that this guy was AWARE enuf to not completely focus on one guy...and he kept moving. The older we get the less emphasis on WIN WIN WIN...it's more on OH SHIET OH SHIET OH SHIET!
    A

I keep saying - COMMON SENSE!!

Unfortunately it seems that common sense ain't all that common.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Originally posted by TaoBoy
    I keep saying - COMMON SENSE!!

Unfortunately it seems that common sense ain't all that common.
    Truer words can not be spoken.

Cheers.

I like SHADOW DRAGON post also! At a younger age I too use to have a mentality of using martial arts as a means to an end. The end being beating the crap out of an opponent ala the movies. I remember a few years back I came on this forum stating that I felt FEAR everytime I get into a NEAR FIGHT or REAL FIGHT situation nowadayz...did I lose my edge? Perhaps...I think with AGE comes the EGO LOST. U know longer identify the HIGH SCHOOL mentality of ONE ON ONE must have a victor! You recognize that ADULT BAR/CLUB fights are hardly ever ONE on ONE and u must fight to survive! Meaning if u drop the guy drop them...but don't finish them...cause the odds are in their favor!
    A

People are either born with an ego or they are not. Could explain why when people interact stupid sh1t results.

Lowlynobody

Legend.

For me the way I look at MA and fighting changed a lot when I got married and again when we got our Son.

When I was younger it was just me, now I got a Wife and Son to support.

I am just no longer willing to take the risk to get injured, get hospital bills, loose time fron my Job and Family.

At the same time by shifting my focus, I have discovered new and great things within my MA studies.

Like you said, maybe I lost my edge too. OTOH, I have been in fewer confrontations too.

Your MA needs to suit your lifestyle and not the other way round.

Cheers.