Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Strtegnth Training Machines

Question Home Strtegnth Training Machines

ANYONE SEEN THE WIEDER CROSSBOW, IT SEEMS LIKE A BOWFLEX KNOCKOFF, BUT AT ONLY $500. WHAT ARE THOUGHTS/EXPERIENCES ABOUT HOME MACHINES. BOW FLEX, SOLOFLEX, etc...
    www.thecrossbow.com

No, it's a waste of money.

Next time use the training forum.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I concur.

All this money and technology, and still no-one's significantly improved on carrying buckets of water at arm's length while running uphill.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

1. Invest in some free weights and a bench
    2. make your own training devices, like a pulley and a rock pole.
    3. buy/borrow "Power to the People"
    4. reap the benefits.
    5. laugh at all of the suckers who bought things like crossbow and bowflex and didn't get half as strong as you did for a cheaper price.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    All this money and technology, and still no-one's significantly improved on carrying buckets of water at arm's length while running uphill.
    All of this money and technology is producing machines, which do too much of the work for you. What I'd like to see is a computerized free weight set - you set a barbell or dumbell to a certain weight, and it calibrates to that weight. That would save people like myself who have over 400 lbs of free weights ALOT of space.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Ironically, I think that a bucket of water may be real close to what you need there. A big tank full of some heavy fluid, a pump , a regulator valve, an ergonomically designed container for lifting...that's about it.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Now we just need to patent and sell it

In defense of machines though, hammer strength and cybex have machines that promote stabilization by allowing more free range of movement, and not movement along one fixed plane. We have a few of these Cybex machines at my workplace's gym. I'd still rather use free weights though.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I forgot, also, in addition to using the training forum next time, also use the caps lock key next time.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Angry IF whats up your butt

Are you some internet chat cronie who has nothing better than to beitch about meaningless dribble

"in addition to using the training forum next time, also use the caps lock key next time."

I posed a simple question, and got a dumb arsed answer from the first poster, whats wrong Buffy's plot line getting too complex for you so you have to get your jollies sacking up over 1900 meaningless and worthless post. get a life

and.......pull my finger

simmer down b!tch.

you posed a dumb question and got a simple answer.
    where's my beer?

you're griping at the one of the most informed guys here on the subject of fitness. he's just messing with you - take it down a thousand.
    He gave you your answer - it's aa waste of money - and he's right. he also said to check the training forum - which you should have.

As for the caps, it's bad net manners - it's annoying.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Body by Ironfist

Ironfist said to use the training forum because that is where most of these conversations go down. There's a good chance it will just get pushed out of the way on the main forum. He was just trynig to help. you blew it man. Ironfirst could have given you a lot of good advice.
    I am nothing.

yeah *****! represent!
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

"he's just messing with you - take it down a thousand"

Right back at you, i was just messin with IF,
    Thought thats where you guys have taken this board.
    as for the caps, yes i know, as I have been around before some of you were itches in your daddy's crotch, but I'm one handing it right now,
    Broke my left hand last Sunday and my one finger typing style has yet to be perfected.
    Being one handed sucks, and really limits what I can demo at class. Strictly solo bastone.

oh and by the way
    http://www.whitetrash.nl/pmf/
    pull my finger