Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Angry

I feel more aggressive now than I did before I started training, and I'm kinda wondering where that's going to lead. 10 months ago I would never have thought of throwing a punch at someone, now every time some guy passes me on the sidewalk I find myself planning my moves should he come at me with a sudden boot kick or sucker punch... when he doesn't I can't help feeling slightly disappointed. I went to see a Shaolin performance recently and I thought yeah, I could take them. On the other hand, after three hours of hard training I am a model of bonhomie.

I usually feel good after I finish lifting. I don't know about the more aggressive thing. That sounds like you've joined a frat or started juicing or something.

Maybe it's more confidence. After training, you're like "yeah, I could whoop on him."

I think if anything, MA has made me more calm in general. Instead of being all aggressive and wanting to kick people's asses, I tend to use my head a little bit more (but always be ready for something to go down).

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

now every time some guy passes me on the sidewalk I find myself planning my moves should he come at me with a sudden boot kick or sucker punch...
    Ajax - I TOTALLY know what you mean. I take a good look at someone and think "for him, no more than 2 punches" . But I don't get disappointed when nothing happens. If nobody messes with me - well, that's just the way I want it to be.
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

do a few min of qigong and then eat after you workout. you won't be so irritable.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Neptunesfall - good idea, I might have to try that!