Gwa Sow,

I have followed this little banter for awhile now. I usually stay out of these banterings, but you seem to be reef with self importance. Too bad! Myself, being a one time student of Si Fu Kudding, I asked him about the Dragon system he knows. He personally advised me it is primarily a short hand Southern system and he modified it as Si Fu Cameron advised Kung Lek. As for teaching students this system, he advised that he taught Si Fu Cameron one half of the system before he had to leave Wpg and when Si Fu Cameron visited him in Calgary at his home he was able to teach him more. As for forms 9 & 10 he taught these only to Si Fu Cameron, but advised him not to teach these or Dragon to anyone else. As for form number eight, yes it is definitely Tiger. Si Fu Cameron was the only one to learn this form in Wpg. From what I understand, Si Fu Cameron taught it to your Si Fu, once he received permission from Si Fu Kudding. As far as knowledge of the systems taught by Si Fu Kudding and since Si Fu Cameron is your Si Fu's Si Hing (elder) in the art of Si Fu Kudding, it is he who would know best - too bad you are disrespectful to your Si Fu's Si Hing. As for long arm techniques, any kung fu student knows what these are - do not be so rude to your Si Fu's nephew, Kung Lek.
Regarding Southern Dragon Kung Fu styles, there are more than what you know - you do not have all the knowledge and besides, the system that you know is very close to White Eyebrow if not a derivative of it - a system based more on Tiger rather than Dragon. You speak of other styles of southern Dragon not existing - names etc. and as the system you learned as the true Southern Dragon - how pompous of you and showing your ignorance - just take a look at one - the five animal system of Ha Say Fu -definitely Sil-lum Southern Dragon or the southern Dragon System from Malaysia called 'Opening the Mountain'.
Si Fu Kudding modified what he learned from Hoang Nam as Si Fu Cameron stated to Kung Lek. Where Hoang Nam learned is a mystery, but Si Fu Kudding was not a person who liked to delve into the history of an art - his view was - if it worked and he liked it - he did not care. Some people like to give the impression through stating lineage and history that they are the experts, while the real experts perform and spout off a lot less - the proof is in the pudding, not in the discussion of the recipe!
Your Si Fu did study under Si Fu Kudding for a number of years, receiveing black sash status a number of years after Kung Lek's Si Fu (Si Fu Cameron),who went on to receive has 3rd Degree (Dan) from Si Fu Kudding and was the Manitoba rep. for the Flying Dragon Institute. So, as logic dictates, who would one take the word of - you or Si Fu Cameron. From what I have ascertained, Si Fu Kudding did not trust your Si Fu and played him, as he kept pestering him for forms that he had only shown to Si Fu Cameron at that time. By the way, it is well known that your Si Fu has disrespected Si Fu Kudding's art by critisizing what he taught eg. forms 4 & 5 - perhaps he did draw some elements from Karate - afterall, he is a Black Belt in it -who cares as long as it works and work it does- combatively (Si Fu Kuddings main concern). Si Fu Kudding said that his student - Si Fu Cameron along with Si Fu Askew were his top students - ones that he says your Si Fu was envious of, as he was never able to best them in sparring.
You had best learn to be a lot less pompous!

[This message has been edited by Mo Ying (edited 08-21-2000).]