Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is jon funk really good?

You are so right word

That was a stupid post of mine. Stupid of me to think that people have respect within the Martial Arts Community. Stupid of me to think that respecting elders to me for one is correct, but for another, elders in a system that i claim to up hold.

But i should have known that there are people that do not teach respect anymore hence that rapid decline of the american school system. (Yes I am a Teacher in the inner city) But i will take that my post was stupid as it was directed to the wrong person, system, culture, intellect, ect...

So just as Sifu Cottrell has stated i will do the same and fade out before i bring shame upon my Sifu. Which by the way is that last thing I would want to do out of respect for him, my Si Gung, Brothers, Sisters, and Myself .

Shen Zhou
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

hey word,

out of curiosity, have you ever 'touched hands' with sifu funk? like sticky hands or pushhands or anything similar?

ninjaboy

I HAVE NOT BEEN TO CANADA BEFORE SO I HAVE NOT SEEN FUNK. I HAVE NOT TOUCHED HANDS WITH HALF OF THE SIFUS THAT I CRITIZE. THAT WOULD BURST THEIR BUBBLE AND I DON'T NEED TO RUIN THEIR DAY OR PROVE ANYTHING. ALSO I TWOULD START A FIGHT AND I DONT NEED THAT EITHER. I GIVE MY LITTLE OPINION THATS ALL . IM NOT GOOD. IF FUNK CAN BEAT ME , THAT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING BECAUSE I'M A STUDENT NOT A SIFU. FUNK SHOULD BE A STUDENT TOO AND GO FIND SOMEONE GOOD TO TRAIN WITH INSTEAD OF CALLING HIMSELF A SIFU. IF HE WATNED TO TEACH KICKBOXING OR SELF DEFENSE HE CAN BE A SIFU IN THAT, BUT NOT A SIFU IN MANTIS. I CAN SEE WITH MY EYES IF A SIFU IS CONNECTED OR NOT.

i heard that al cheng sent jon funk to go learn in hong kong. just wondering, how much did he learn from the mantis master's in hong kong? i know from around that time, the chinese were still sort of against teaching non-chinese kung fu.

and with this friendly sparring thing, that is really dumb. i'd like to see jon funk get in a street fight with a mantis fighter from either china, hong kong or taiwan

Stacey Guest
    why? You can beat up any other peasant, so why Jon Funk?

I HAVE NOT BEEN TO CANADA BEFORE SO I HAVE NOT SEEN FUNK. I HAVE NOT TOUCHED HANDS WITH HALF OF THE SIFUS THAT I CRITIZE. THAT WOULD BURST THEIR BUBBLE AND I DON'T NEED TO RUIN THEIR DAY OR PROVE ANYTHING. ALSO I TWOULD START A FIGHT AND I DONT NEED THAT EITHER. I GIVE MY LITTLE OPINION THATS ALL . IM NOT GOOD. IF FUNK CAN BEAT ME , THAT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING BECAUSE I'M A STUDENT NOT A SIFU. FUNK SHOULD BE A STUDENT TOO AND GO FIND SOMEONE GOOD TO TRAIN WITH INSTEAD OF CALLING HIMSELF A SIFU. IF HE WATNED TO TEACH KICKBOXING OR SELF DEFENSE HE CAN BE A SIFU IN THAT, BUT NOT A SIFU IN MANTIS. I CAN SEE WITH MY EYES IF A SIFU IS CONNECTED OR NOT.
    Isn't it sad when children can find nothing better to do than insult people they've never met or seen on the internet? I blame it on poor parenting. Remember all you moms and dads out there, the internet is not a babysiter!

Alright guys,....public forum or not,...this thread has degraded & I will not allow further discussion. This forum has been an example of good exchanges for the last few months. It will be that way again;starting with the closing of this thread.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!