Thread: You Have To See This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up You Have To See This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all, I was just wondering how many of you have seen this certain martial arts documentary that was filmed in 1973. It is called "The Warrior Within". I saw this film about 10 years ago but i recently found out that you can get it on the net at www.thewarriorwithin.com

For those of you who have not seen it , try your best to see it cause i think it is awesome and have yet to see such an action packed martial arts documentary.

If you have seen it please let me know what you thought of it?
    Blackspear

Blog Entries
    This is really awesome. I remember buying this video from some store back in the mid 80's. But I don't know what happened to my copy. Last time I saw it was in the mid 80's.

I remember seeing the Chi Sao in the JKD school, and Dan Innosanto talking about it- saying that it is like a paddy-cakes game or something.

I remember a Fu Jow Pai guy talking about beating the **** out of a guy with a pair of chop sticks.

I remember seeing Robert Lee (Bruce's brother) decked out in rad hippy 70's gear while performing the music for this movie.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been wanting to see this again for quite a while.

The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Sounds good, but please don't post the same thread on multiple forums.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

yutyeesam,
    I know the video is awesome im just happy i can get it on dvd now. By the way that fu jow pai guy was Headmaster Hui Cambrelen when he was teaching fu jow pai in puerto rico , he continues to teach in NYC My friend is a student of his.

But I also love the footage on Ron Taganashi and Moses Powell ass well.
    Blackspear