Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Not as civil as you think you are?

Don't bogart, dude. Pass it on.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

my opinion is just that, an opinion, and so...

People who share Skarbromantis' views, assuming he really believes what he posts, are one of the reasons I pratice MA. People who have chosen to react violently to minor irritants cannot be considered totally balanced. Is potential injury to yourself, or death, worth teaching somebody a lesson? If these types of decisions are made when sober, how badly would they react after a bit of alchohol. Why do they act as if their life and the lives of others are less important than minor incidents and pride? I feel I have too much to lose by fighting over nothing. Though I have made the choice to defend myself and those I care about if they are attacked.

I don't believe you were taught a lesson by the police. "I don’t respect police" - Skarbromantis
    Assuming you were taught a lesson by the cops... If the balance of power were to shift, and you were the one who had power over them, wouldn't you exact revenge?

"Yo buddy, turn you fu(king phone off," - Skarbromantis
    Wouldn't that be considered 'mouthing off'? Maybe just an 'insult'? Or 'disrespect'?

This soapbox is precarious isn't it?
    Michael

I like to think of it as the positive aspect of negative thinking.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words