Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch--WC in UFC on bullshido site :(

that was the stupidest clip i've ever seen.

wow
    Travis

structure in motion

In slowing down the fight one notices that Asbel did not have a response for the launch of the shoot for the takedown. From there it was all over.
    In my opinion, its was already over at least 12 weeks before the takedown.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=15627

I am a member of the http://bullshido.us forums and enjoy the site a great deal.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

That had to be the worst wing chun i've ever seen. He looks like he had one lesson and used what he knew from that: the stance, the guard. It seems Bullshido likes to put videos of wing chun, and other traditional martial arts getting beat.
    "Why do something today, when you could put it off until tomorrow? Because if you do it today, and die tomorrow, you've done something for nothing."

That had to be the worst wing chun i've ever seen. He looks like he had one lesson and used what he knew from that: the stance, the guard. It seems Bullshido likes to put videos of wing chun, and other traditional martial arts getting beat.
    "Why do something today, when you could put it off until tomorrow? Because if you do it today, and die tomorrow, you've done something for nothing."

It seems Bullshido likes to put videos of wing chun, and other traditional martial arts getting beat.
    Maybe its because they actually got beat and are deluisonal? If WC guys trained more realistically....uh...those clips would not exist.
    That had to be the worst wing chun i've ever seen.
    I wonder how much better you would have done. Just curious

This guy doesn't know any wing chun

Just because you slap a wing chun T-shirt on a guy, and tell him to stand in a wing tsun stance with his guard up, doesn't make him a respectable wing chun practicioner.

My wife could've beat the $#*&* out of this guy and she doesn't know any martial arts.

What kind of ******* just stands there and waits to be taken down?

WT/WC is a frikkin striking style that , when done right, can really punish an opponent in a matter of seconds.

I respect serious martials artists from any style, but I have no respect for the UFC. It is obvious that it is mainly a "rigged" marketing tool for the Gracie style. They seem to allow (or encourage) untrained individuals to compete while wearing the uniform ( or assuming the stances ) of known martial arts; knowing full well that they will be creamed. It makes the Gracie style look good, and people will come rushing to join their classes.

Gracie BJJ is pretty effective, as I have heard, and I am not saying it isn't, but the caliber of the people in the UFC competing from non-striking styles is very low at times; and it sometimes feels like I'm watching a "rigged" WWF match.

That's all I have to say about that !
    "Kick his ass, Sea-Bass!" - Dumb and Dumber

LOL at all the clueless people saying "the guy didn't know wing chun, a real wing chun guy would know how not to get taken down, the UFC is rigged, etc."

WCFighter,

The UFC has not been a Gracie operation since, I believe, UFC 4. We are now in the 40's.

Every person is entitled to their opinion, but no man is entitled to be wrong about their facts.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

MerryPrankster,

I wasn't aware that the Gracies no longer own the UFC. My bad !
    I stopped watching the UFC a while ago. Thanks for the update.

Watching that clip of the "Wing Chun" "fighter" in the UFC that gets his ass handed to him, well... He looks like a Krispy Kreme greeter (with no martial art training) that was told to put on a "Wing Chun" T-shirt and step into a ring to take a beating for $1000 .
    "Kick his ass, Sea-Bass!" - Dumb and Dumber

Eh, maybe he is and maybe he ain't. He got $1000 for his trouble though, maybe.

Clear he didn't train much, however. You need to be in real shape.

You might consider getting one of the later tapes. Pride is a better event IMO. Love it. Give it a whirl. Good stuff.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

He got $1000 for his trouble though, maybe.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is that what they are paying? Peanuts- for the gallery?

That was then, this is now

That was a LONG time ago. Times have changed in terms of NHB and payouts. That was what UFC 5 and they have run 35 more since then.

Also the skill and attributes of the fighters have changed significantly and guys like Cancio would not make the cut to get into the ring. Even though it would be the usual grist for the mill in terms of "traditional" vs mma.

Bottom line is there aren't going to be any just WC/VT/WT guys entering these events without a significant amount of training and experience otherwise they would just get chewed up quickly. So they would have to have grounding with ground grappling and MMA events experience.

Which is the stuff that Kenwingjitsu is talking about.
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

I saw that fight a while ago, and it's clear that not only does the guy have little to no wing chun skill, but he lacks a basic grasp of fighting in general. Even the most witless of fighters will try and avoid a 200 pound man running at their legs...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wing chun the real street lethal.

LOL

Boxers havent done that well in the UFC either.

But why do we have to PI$$ on the guy. He got out there and did something that none of us (almost) have the balls to do. We should be proud that there is someone from W.C who is actually getting out there to put there skills to the test, because there arent many.
    I havent been in many fights but I imagine the more fights you get into the more you will learn and the less the adrenalin monster takes over. Id say this guy has one up on us internet warriors.
    Last edited by Miles Teg; 02-05-2003 at 01:06 AM.