Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Power

Fire Power

Just finished work on the latest video project.

FIRE POWER

This new video/DVD from the CSPT covers the use of the semi automatic handgun and the pump action shotgun for fighting in a domestic or urban environment.

Just because you think you know how to shoot does not mean you know the first thing about fighting with firearms!

There is more info and pictures on my site at:

http://www.demibarbito.com/firepower.html

The site has also been updated and there is a new article on certification.

Demi

www.DemiBarbito.com
    Demi Barbito
    The C.S.P.T.
    "A Lethal Force Institute"

RANK...

or what. This is a martial arts forum not a gun nut's.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

RM, firearms are a martial weapon, and some of us do train with firearms. So why is it you think that the topic has no place on a martial arts board?

Oh, by the way, very few nuts are used in the construction of guns.

I, also, agree that this is the perfect forum for this topic. I've never had the opportunity to train with firearms, but I would love to do so.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

This forum is stated to cover topics relating to reality fighting and modern self-defense. Firearms are extremely appropriate to both. Perfectly on-topic.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

certified in Defensive Handgun/Tactical Handgun and Close Quarter Handgun Battle. Demi is also certified in the use of SIMUNITION® for Military and Law Enforcement. Demi also has a State of Ca. CCW.
    Certified by who?

All certification is from the TACFIRE Institute.

The SIMs is from SIMUNITION Ltd.

Demi
    Demi Barbito
    The C.S.P.T.

Hmmm

Your not many nuts needed in gun construction joke was very droll. Having a gun doesn't ensure personal safety, as does having any other "martial weapon", and if one wishes to pursue this need for ultimate personal safety then it can lead to desperate ends. I've always thought that the licensing and allowing to caryy around firearms is just the thin edge of the wedge as this will in turn evolute into more appeasement to "securing persoanl safety". If one's excuse is well there is too much crime going on in my neighbourhood and I want to protect myself and my loved ones then the problem is not to ante-up and embed oneself into gun-culture, the problem is with the administration of law enforcement, and then further than that moral values and education (or lack of I should say). But this needless promotion of gun culture and idolatry is as I said RANK. Having a gun is one thing but boasting about making a video about it is RANK too. We all know that if education is to be solid one needs hands on advice so this kind of negates the worth of the video too.
    Feel free to lat into this comment but its just an opinion, nothing more.

Just so we are clear...

Law Enoforcement is not about "crime prevention". They solve crimes and ensure punishment after they happen.

Morals??? Of course! but there will always be deviant, evil people in the world.

Videos can expose people to training that they may otherwise have never seen, give info on safety as well as a tactical approach.

The real proplem is that your are in the UK. I have no problem with that, but you do not have a frame of reference on firearms. It does not matter if you have "shot a few times". You would only be able to speak with clarity after becoming intimatly familiar with firearms - Safety, handling, training, fighting.

Demi

www.DemiBarbito.com
    Demi Barbito
    The C.S.P.T.

don't mean to 'droll' you out... The he11 I don't!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
    Your not many nuts needed in gun construction joke was very droll.
    (note subject)
    Having a gun doesn't ensure personal safety,
    No one said it does. But it can sure help.
    and if one wishes to pursue this need for ultimate personal safety then it can lead to desperate ends.
    Wild conjecture, unsupported by evidence. But if you are so afraid of them, I suggest you not get one.
    I've always thought that the licensing and allowing to caryy around firearms is just the thin edge of the wedge as this will in turn evolute into more appeasement to "securing persoanl safety".
    Again, no evidence or logical argument.
    If one's excuse is well there is too much crime going on in my neighbourhood and I want to protect myself and my loved ones then the problem is not to ante-up and embed oneself into gun-culture, the problem is with the administration of law enforcement, and then further than that moral values and education (or lack of I should say). But this needless promotion of gun culture and idolatry is as I said RANK.
    Your entire post is a serries of unsupported alegations and accusations. They do a great job of showcaseing your bias, but nothing more.
    Having a gun is one thing but boasting about making a video about it is RANK too. We all know that if education is to be solid one needs hands on advice so this kind of negates the worth of the video too.
    I missed the posts where you trashed Gene for promoting KF videos, or the grapplers for recomending their favorite videos. Or can we learn other martial arts solely from videos? I don't think anyone here is saying you can learn combat or defensive shooting just by watching videos. You can pick up pointers to augment your training though, and get a different perspective, maybe gain fresh insights.
    And given your obvious hatred of guns and those who use them, what qualifies you to comment on training with them?
    Feel free to lat into this comment but its just an opinion, nothing more. I did. At least you had the grace to label your attacks on these inanimate objects, and those of us who would use them for constructive purposes, as your opinion.

This topic has been debated many times here. I don't know why some of you liberals feel the need to jump in at every opportunity and spew your bile and hatred at anyone who disagrees with you. Might I suggest that, if you don't like guns, you don't jump into a thread about training with them. No political statements or moralizations were made here untill you started in. In fact, it was just an informative post. You've given it life!

Hmmm

Demi: when you say that in the UK we have frame of reference can you elucidate on that please? There are many shooting clubs for persoanl pursuit or for hunting, people (admittedly hardly any old memeber of the public) can be licensed to carry arms, and the streets and areas in the UK are awash with guns. There are easier to pick up than any drug one would care to obtain.

Hey RM dont try to tell the Yanks about guns....they judge their worth by the size of their gun.

This new video/DVD from the CSPT covers the use of the semi automatic handgun and the pump action shotgun for fighting in a domestic or urban environment.
    So you are going to train people to use pump action shot guns in an urban enviroment? Who is this going to help?

Go on admit it...you just love guns dont you?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

A home is an urban enviornment. A pump shotgun is widely regarded as the best firearm for home defense for numerous reasons.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Radhnoti,
    Actually, I prefer a .38 revolver shooting mild handloads with a reversed wadcutter for home defense. Enough to to the job at close range, but will not overpenetrate perpetrators or walls. Also, long guns are harder to weild in tight places and around corners. On the other hand, the intimidation factor of the 'cha-clack' of a pump action shotgun being brought into battery- awesome !

Originally posted by Liokault
    So you are going to train people to use pump action shot guns in an urban enviroment? Who is this going to help?
    Liokult, it helps:
    The gun owner who has a legitimate interest in protecting his family and property.
    The neighbor, who might be exposed to a hazardous situation if the gun owner can not avail himself of information like I just gave Radh.
    The community the gun owner lives in, as it is far safer for his presence. Dialy there are countless crimes prevented or stopped, and criminals aprehended or shot, by average citizens exercising their right to defend themselves and their neighbors.

For the record, I like guns, but I don't just like guns. And I judge my worth by my ability to think instead of just hurling insults at people and topics I don't like. Really, if you Brits are going to continue to disarm you should at least keep your witts about you!
    Last edited by dnc101; 02-09-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Originally posted by dnc101
    Radhnoti,
    Actually, I prefer a .38 revolver shooting mild handloads with a reversed wadcutter for home defense. Enough to to the job at close range, but will not overpenetrate perpsetrators or walls. Also, long guns are harder to weild in tight places and around corners. On the other hand, the intimidation factor of the 'cha-clack' of a pump action shotgun being brought into battery- awesome !
    For me, it's a situational issue. If I've just been woken up, it's dark, I'm groggy, and I have to grab the gun beside my bed and suddenly defend myself, how likely am I to hit the intruder who's just entered my room with a revolver, and how likely with a shotgun?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn