Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CREATINE.. Good or Bad???????

Unhappy Doin' it the hard way or not at all

It 'worries' me that you guys talk about creatine like it was natural or something. Technically, I guess it is, seeing as we have it in our systems already. Maybe I'm linking it too strongly in my mind with steroid use (which makes me shudder) and creatine isn't like steroids at all. Either way, when I see those huge buckets of stuff with stupid labelling, I can't help but think it's like pen1s enlargement apparatus or something.

This is more worrying to me when it comes up on a kungfu forum. I know most of your bios's on KFO so I know you're all hardcore MAists but words like 'muscle growth supplements', 'weight training', 'pumped' and 'bulk' are not the vocabulary of someone who trains a style like mine and I don't hear anyone talking about it in my RL circle except for some overheard beefy do-nothing guys in the bar - and they do it for the girls and for their mates' approval.

To be honest (always am!), it was learning that Bruce Lee used steroids and whatever that made me lose respect for him as a Seeker. He went straight into the Schwarzenegger/Stallone box right then. Bruce Lee: an actor who studied body-building and also did various martial arts in his spare time. Can you see where I'm comng from?

Some may know I don't see the point of weight-lifting at all. Noone in my lineage ever did it as part of their mantis training and that's all I have experience of, really.

Horses for courses, I guess, and I'm not meaning to diss. Just my humble (ignorant?) opinion/preference. The clever ones among you are probably thinking: "this guy's got emotional trauma from early childhood. Was he weaned too early?" Whatever. And you're all shakin' your heads and saying: "this is the guy who's got those mythical lower abs". ;-)

How long's creatine been available? Will it wear-out the liver/muscles/glands after 10 years? 20 years?

Hmmm.

Like I said, I know you guys are 'for real', but I know I am, too.

-David

PS And to keep it right on topic, I say creatine BAD - on no objective basis.
    Last edited by David; 02-15-2003 at 03:32 AM.

creatine has been studied and used SINCE 1932!!!!! I love it when people say, give it 10-20 years and we will see what happens!!!!

The story of the guy falling of the treadmill is because he took Ultimate Orange. I have the article with me, its from a Mens Health Magazine a 1 1/2 ago. Ultimate Orange has large amounts of Ephedra in it (I thing 10 times the recommended daily allowance) plus it has caffeene and other herbs that provide a synergy effect on the body. Thus giving you tons of energy. Its like a legal speed. But it is very very bad. I has caused lost of problems for people and the FDA has banned it from being sold.

The stuff on Bruce Lee taking steriods. What proof is there? Where did you get your info from? I ask because I have looked into Bruce Lee's life a lot and don't you think if he used steroids that would be all over the news? Plus he did not look like he had the common body side effects of steriod use.

The one thing I will say about Creatine, those against it do not talk with any scientific proof on it. They go by stories. I incourage anyone to study it on the Internet, study the work the doctors and universities have done and you will find out that it is harmless.

A lot of people don't lift which is fine and I respect that. But the west and the Soviet have proven what weight training can do to improve any function. Look at Basketball today. When it first started no one lifted weights, now all do and look at all they can do and how much faster they are. The same is true for any sport. Weight training only makes you better, faster and stronger. Look at Frank Shamrock, that guy is fast and powerful, he dominated the UFC. Just because it wasn't done in the past doesn't mean you won't benefit from it.

I agree with James's point. Bruce Lee doing juice? Where did Bruce Lee het his "juice" from? Did John Little, Bruce Lee historian, missed this fact? I am surprised Bruce's juice dealer didn't come out to the public and show past letters of the dragon and John Little not making money off of it by telling this story. LoL

Creatine is good and have benefited from using EAS XT and it is old HP formula. I however Only used twice a year. I try not to be dependent on any chemical for strength personally. But a little boost never hurts.

Best Cheers.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

4. Thumbs up

I do not know much but I have read that youngsters should consider before taking creatine.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I do think anyone under 18 years of age should mess around with any supplements except perhaps MRP, Vit supplementation, and Whey protein. Why? Because their bodies arent fully developed and they have natural "juice" following through your blood. Instead of chasing girls both mentally and physically most of the time, much of their natural manhood juice and time could be geared toward strength training. If they had good training, good diets, and proper rest, their results could be even greater than some adults who are on creatine.

Personally, I started using creatine when I was 16 or 17. EAS was the first to bring this supplement out to market and boy was it expensive then. The smallest bottle costed 40 and that was just the loading phase. LoL. Looking back, I have not suffered from this product now that I am 26. I only wished there were older adults to tell me that I didn't need this yet. I made some of my best gains in size and strength when I was a teen. Now I know why? I do not wake up with morning boners like I did when I was a teen. LoL. Who needs steroids, when I have it flowing through me at time and during my days.

Teenage males, you dont know how much powers you have or your full potential. Some professional body builders would love to have your natural "juice" flowing in their system at their age and present level of development. By the way, I am against teens messing with steroids.

Best Cheers. One.
    Last edited by Mr. Bao; 02-17-2003 at 08:12 AM.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

6. Thumbs up

Agreed.
    Natural growth and proper training is a good combination.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-