Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Women completely baffle me

Since my posts seem to kill many threads, I'll post a response here and, hopefully, kill it.

what women want, and what women SAY they want (and even sometimes THINK they want), are quite different things, alot of the time.
    These generalizations are about some of the dumbest things I've read in a while.

Give me a break! Women don't know what they want as much as men don't know what they want. Know why? We're all people! We all have different desires in a mate. Some women want sensitive. Some want strong. Some want in between. We're all different!

Why don't you guys stop trying to figure out women and just be men! No one likes anyone who whines!

Thread dead.

Robin
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Robin,

I'll say this again. I am not talking about what ALL women want. I'm talking about what women tend to look for. Generalizations are quite apt and relevant when talking about how people behave.

Generally, women don't like to be abused. Some women actually look for men who will abuse them. That doesn't mean there isnt' a strong tendency in women to avoid abusive men.

There are measurable trends in the way people behave.

There are whole fields that study such trends. Sociology, anthropology, marketing.

We are all different. But, sorry to say it, we aren't that different.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Your looking at this from a female point of view, or at least your female point of view, I am stating it from a male point of view.

Male birth control that goes beyond the condom, a form of birth control that a good deal of men hate, remeber I am saying birth control not disease prevention, will allow a man to take away the risk of getting his better half pregant when he does not want such a thing, as we all know condoms are not fool proof. It also takes out things such as bad timing, trickery, the heat of the moment, and all that jazz for those men that may not have the most solid of relationships where trust or common sense is as solid as they wish it to be.

Instead of it being a one way street it can go both ways. It will give the gent a little more choice in his decision department of when and why.

I have been in a committed relationship for over 10 years and as we are engaged it still grows strong.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 03-04-2003 at 01:44 PM.
    Regards

Generally, women don't like to be abused. Some women actually look for men who will abuse them. That doesn't mean there isnt' a strong tendency in women to avoid abusive men.

Reply]
    Then why is it men that slap their women around every once and a wile (Not brutal abouse mind you) have women that stay forever?

I have noticed this myself. The guys I have seen that have the most stable relationships seem to act like they couldn't give a rat's ass about sensetivity. Most can't even spell it. They expect a hot dinner on the table when they get home, don't lift a finger around the house, punish the kids by spanking first and asking questions later. Yelling when there are things they don't like reguardless of how it makes the woman feel, invie all thierr beer drinking friends over for football even though thier woman wants to watch horses on TV.

I'm tell'n ya all, deep down, women see sensitive as weak. It does not matter how big his biceps are. I hate you say it, but guys like Tank Abbot seem to have the most stable relationships.

RD has a good point about the primitive man thing. deep down women see sensitivity as a feminine thing. They over the long haul, don't respect sensitive men as much as they do the brutis neanderthal. I have seen 5 realtionships, marriges and the like all fall apart. The man did his best to be sensitve, and loving and all that crap. In all cases, the women left him for a Biker that stepped on sensitve men for fun. these girls are friends of mine. I still talk to them. They all re married the bikers, and seem realtively happy. The men, continued to be sensitive, and went through multiple break ups. Finnaly after they got really hurt, and stopped careing and being "Sensitive", they found women that stayed.

I'm tell'n you guys, ignor her, insult her on ocasion, take her for granted act like you don't give a rat's ass so long as dinner is hot and the sex is good, and they will stay forever. But if you give them too much importance in your life, they stop loving you and go find themselves a brutish cave man. Then they complian he's not sensitive, but never leave.
    Last edited by Nick Monticello; 03-04-2003 at 02:21 PM.
    Work? Who me??????????

The guys I have seen that have the most stable relationships seem to act like they couldn't give a rat's ass about sensetivity.
    I used to have that attitude. Damn near got me deevorsed. Don't forget that everything you see isn't everything that goes on. Many dudes act like that but are a real wuss when the boys ain't around. Seen that too many times.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Maybe you over did it?

See, I think the trick is to spend time with them, pay attention to them, but still be a jerk enough so they don't think you care too much. It's a balance thing.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Black Jack
    Your looking at this from a female point of view, or at least your female point of view, I am stating it from a male point of view.

Male birth control that goes beyond the condom, a form of birth control that a good deal of men hate, remeber I am saying birth control not disease prevention, will allow a man to take away the risk of getting his better half pregant when he does not want such a thing, as we all know condoms are not fool proof. It also takes out things such as bad timing, trickery, the heat of the moment, and all that jazz for those men that may not have the most solid of relationships where trust or common sense is as solid as they wish it to be.

Instead of it being a one way street it can go both ways. It will give the gent a little more choice in his decision department of when and why.

I have been in a committed relationship for over 10 years and as we are engaged it still grows strong.
    Black Jack, that's not the topic. How will a man being able to choose when pregnancy occurs affect his choice in a mate...a long term mate...who you stay with? Or a woman's choice in a mate, for that matter? Because that's the topic. How people choose life mates. That's the point of view I'm looking at it from.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Originally posted by Nick Monticello

Reply]
    Then why is it men that slap their women around every once and a wile (Not brutal abouse mind you) have women that stay forever?....RD has a good point about the primitive man thing. deep down women see sensitivity as a feminine thing. They over the long haul, don't respect sensitive men as much as they do the brutis neanderthal. I have seen 5 realtionships, marriges and the like all fall apart. The man did his best to be sensitve, and loving and all that crap. In all cases, the women left him for a Biker that stepped on sensitve men for fun. these girls are friends of mine. I still talk to them. They all re married the bikers, and seem realtively happy. The men, continued to be sensitive, and went through multiple break ups. Finnaly after they got really hurt, and stopped careing and being "Sensitive", they found women that stayed.
    Nick, this is so far from my reality I have to wonder where you are living and the proportion of running cars to broken cars on these people's lawns. The vast majority of long term relationships and solid marriages I've seen have been ones where the man is sensitive and kind and loving and caring.

Your situation sounds socio-economic to me.

Seriously, how many bikers do you think there are? I don't even know one.
    Last edited by eulerfan; 03-04-2003 at 03:07 PM.

Thumbs up

I have to wonder where you are living and the proportion of running cars to broken cars on these people's lawns
    I will definitely be using that one.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Originally posted by Losttrak
    Dewd... the Olsen Twins are every mans twisted fantasy. Ok maybe just mine. Have you seen them recently? I think he may not be fruity.... just a prophet of p00n!!
    Yeah, I actually tried that rationalization, figuring that maybe he was actually ahead of his time and that he was a pimp fantasizing of a threesome with them. But he messed that up when I asked him if he liked girls and he said "No."
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

excerpted from my "This place is boring today" thread

I took the day off and have been trapped by the stupidity of
    ralek's thread, talk of why capital punishment is a bad thing,
    why torture is bad and now more talk about ninja's are 'sooooo
    kewl'

Your obviously missing RD's Women Baffel me" Thread!!

there's nothing baffling about women so it wasn't of interest.

they are freekin' strange.

but they have cornered the market on the one thing we NEED.

So, you just figure out what it's worth to you and try and find
    a woman who's only charging what you can afford. Simple.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

not only is oso trolling his own thread, he's trolling HIMSELF.

thus the envelope gets pushed a little further.

" i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Smile The Formula For Long Lasting Love:

Listen when she's upset, learn at least a few different ways of making her come and don't take any **** when she's feeling snippy. Plus, you should be able to pick a tiny flower for her without crushing it and also be able pick her up without any effort (chicks love it when their guy picks them up).

That's all there is to it. All the rest is practice and getting used to the idiosyncracies.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Re: The Formula For Long Lasting Love:

Originally posted by Serpent
    Listen when she's upset...
    It's looks so simple, doesn't it? What is so freaking hard about that?

Here's men:

a) blow jobs
    b) don't start a fight unless you are sure it's something you feel warrants a fight
    c) the promise of more blow jobs

The rest is particular to the individual.