Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTN: FC, Braden, psych-types

1. Thumbs up Cool discussion.

"I suppose I was referring to the neurological side of psychology, such as cognitive neuropsych.

I'm not sure I fully understand whether you're trying to indicate that social psychology doesn't relate to the study of behavior. If that is the case, maybe social psych is differently defined here, but it definitely addresses itself to human behavior."

Great,thanks to you for correcting too.
    It is easy enough to get stuck with the terms,now when it comes to awesome neuropsych. we will still have to take into account both neuropsychology itself in psych. sense and "medical" art of clinical neuropsychology.
    I was mainly "thinking loudly" in order to get a detailed picture of this.
    In no way did I try to indicate that social psych. does not relate to this or that,it would be ridiculous in my opinion.

I have to confess that the paper was,if interesting,a bit messy enough to not keep me reading it in detail,well anyways what kind of links are you,Zim- looking for?
    I´m not sure if I do have what you are after.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

2. Thumbs up

I´m rather tired by now so forgive me but I´m currently reading this article (along the lines of psych/ology/iatry,neuro/science/logy) )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Yap about those sites later then,we´ll see.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Smile

Practical experience is often better than theoretical, IMHO- just a matter of getting the two to work together...it's just the problem of getting acceptance for contributions, really...

Taking a look at the article now. I think psychology with the Behavioural approach, or on the micro level (24 stages of baby learning to walk) or of trying to definitively prove it's case (like Phenomenology's Bugabear) are mostly useless. But it looks like there might be some redeeming features in the article.
    Phenomenology is a rough thing, cornered as it is by philosophers and lit crit types.. the behavioral aproach might be fruitful.. ?

Re: Primal therapy- I meant the screaming and hitting versions of it... releasing aggression and stuff... it seems to increase aggression ! Theory says: it lowers the boundaries to anger.. can't test it though, becos you don't want to do that.

You're experiences sound very much like Logotherapy, the one by Frankl.. with Biological psych in for good measure... HMM!

And NO I did NOT write this paper LOL.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

4. Thumbs up

No requests? Kay.

I do not know much about primal therapy etc. but what I have read it seems to,indeed,be less appreciated (among with other minority therapies) due to pseudoscientifical nature (I guess the same could,in todays terms,go for psychoanalysis too in a way. )
    Just a brief analysis,no personal emotions attached.

Interesting story,Stumble.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Smile

OOPS! Sorry FC, I didn't mean to ignore you!

No, no specific requests of info, just wanted to see if you had any links to look at re: MA research.

I did go to the link you provided...I think that I'd have to do alot of mining in it.

Have you looked in the eBMJ files? [electronic British Medical Journal] they've got some interesting stuff there as well.

edit: took that bit out, to another thread- sorry!
    Last edited by ZIM; 03-08-2003 at 08:04 AM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

6. Thumbs up

OOPS! Sorry FC, I didn't mean to ignore you! ""
    This is rather like "allright".

Yes...I think BMJ has good stuff,thanks for reminding btw..
    If you are interested in good,down to earth neuroscience (with certain psych. relations) you might want to try these:
    http://web.sfn.org/ (Check articles etc.)

www.brainconnection.com

http://www.brainland.com/

These are not the only ones for sure but are they good.

-FC, summer of 2006-