Thread: safe knuckle conditioning

safe knuckle conditioning

What are some good ways of knuckle conditioning that don't have side effects

Thumbs up

For cheapness and simplicity, knuckle pushups can't be beat. And they are much less likely to have side effects than other techniques I have heard of, such as makiwara training or striking an iron plate. Just perform knuckle pushups in the same position you would normally hit with them. I alternate between a vertical fist and a 3/4 twist position. If you study a style that teaches a full twist punch practice that also.

If you have never done them, start out on a softer surface such as a fairly thick carpet, then go to a thin carpet, then wood and finally concrete.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

If you want to conditioned your knuckles, then you should first make sure you are eating correctly and have alot of calcium as a basis as your supplementation because you will need it to strengthen your bones and prevent bone spurs, secondly used the time tested chinese liament called dit da jow (iron hit wine), just make sure it is not the commerial kind, but the authenic martial specific kind, and lastly depending on your method of combat ask your instructor what is the best ways to progressively conditioned your knuckles and hands.

Improper conditioning of the hands and bones may lead to minor to major injuries. I studied wing chun gung fu and our conditioning exercises that I have learned are very effective, but I do wish to tell you our training methods out of respect of my sifu and not wanting you to injury you from my advice because you may interpet them incorrectly and without a sifu guiding you that is quite unwise and dangerous to say the least. Best of luck and becareful of the given advice here.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

thnx