View Poll Results: Does she like me?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - She likes you. So does her sister. Got a camera?

5 62.50%
  • No - Don't even try to become more than friends, or else you'll loose her.

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So tell me, does she want me?

So tell me, does she want me?

Before I begin, I already know what rubthebuddha and Wendy are gonna say, and I do in fact stand behind there belief. I however want to poll some others here.

There is this girl I've known since like the beginning of last September that I met in Yoga. Ironically, she happens to be the little sister of one of my former coworkers at my last job, hence how I met her `cause I saw her there eating one night while I was at work and the next day the friendship began.

Anyhoo, she has a boyfriend and lately there have been some problems between them. She has gotten more touchy feely with me, not like anything big but we never really touched one another and now she grabs my arm alot, pokes me on the cheek occasionally with a finger and other stuff. Nothing big, but the first time she did it, it took be by surprise.

Last Sunday she began her monthly cycle, you know what I mean and was in INCREDIBLE pain. More so than usual and her doctor told her to take Advil and lots of it. So she popped some Advil and called up her boyfriend hoping he'd come over. She explained to him she was in pain and for one reason or another he didn't want to come over. Why? Oh it was a bikini contest at a strip club he frequently goes to. I've told her to tell him to either stop going there or split up with him and get a boyfriend who doesn't go to strip clubs. Like me (but I didn't say that part to her). Anyway he said the contest didn't start for like 2 more hours and that he was gonna leave before then, however after he said this, they announced it was ready to start. Timing could not be better, eh men?

She went over to his apartment Tuesday evening and there was a stripper sleeping on his sofa. His room mate brought her home
    Sunday night and she asked what was going on and he said "Oh, well she came home with Joe the other night" and she asked when and he said Sunday. He also danced with one of the (what she described) silicone filled, over stuffed strippers. Slow danced I think, not like a lap dance. She was furious and left his apartment.

Here is when it got interesting. She told me she went to bed that night and before going to sleep she thought about cheating on him and knew who she'd want to cheat with. However she didn't tell me, and I told her about a weird dream I had involving a girl from our class and the first thing she said "Was it me?"

She has been dating him for 2 years, he has no plans of ever getting married and that kind of ****es her off `cause she wants to marry. He goes to strip bars alot, even knows the owner of the one he goes to.

So tell me, do you think she has something for me? Before answering, if I were to ask her out I'd rather wait until she breaks up with her boyfriend.
    I have a signature.

I dunno, but her boyfriend sounds like a jerk.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

man he sounds like a jerk
    i would go with wen and rtb dude - they r usually right

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

ask her out, and take it from there - if she has plans for you, you'll find out soon enough. just make sure that the guy can't kick your arse.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hmmm

What ever happens DON'T ask her out at this moment. Whether he's a jerk or not, she did like him for a time and splitting up from someone always confuses and unbalances people whoever they are. So trying to date her right now may seem like an option but it would done in admist the current temperature of splitting up anger, bitterness and revenge hence her saying about cheating. Would you really like to go into a relationship at the start based upon your first date ending in sex that was purely born out of her need to to get even with her ex? Is this a wise thing to do?
    Wouldn't her wanting to be with you be more substantial and nuturing knowing that there wasn't the slightest of emotional residue of her ex still in heart? To put it in clear terms, whether likes it or not, she's got baggage at the moment and your desire to get involved with her at this vulnerable time is not the basis for a long lasting relationship even though, as I'm quite sure you have, very honourable intentions towards her and could probably provide her with the right level or respect and thoughtfullness than her ex did.
    Be taoist about it and don't rush into this because there may be sonmething on offer i.e. the cheating desire she speaks of, but enter in to things where there is nothing on offer but the opportunity to make something from nothing.
    I reckon you should give her support as a friend and then when it settles down see if she really wants a stable relationship with you as opposed to feeling that you could be an easy comfort to bounce back from.
    Just an opinion mind you, but from experience I would warn you not too go into this too much with your heart first. Intention first, and then compassion and then and only then thirdly your true feelings for her.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

I never knew that martial arts was this involving.

joking aside. The guy sounds like a real jerk and really doesn't deserve her. If she really likes you then you really should take her out, comfort her if she breaks up with the guy and help her out. See where it goes from there and hopefully things will work out.

Good luck.
    What's a posse?

If you just want to **** her. Go ahead.

If you want more than that, I would advice you to take it slow. But let her know you like her more than as a friend. You don't wanna end up as just a friend, do you?
    Last edited by Vapour; 03-20-2003 at 02:59 AM.
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

I reckon not worth the headaches and hassles.

Stay friends with her and nothing more.

There is an old saying that comes from the business world but, IMO, also applies to friendships:

"Don't tip your wick into the office ink."

Cheers.
    Witty signature under construction.

what RM and Vapour said.
    violently unhappy or happily violent?

I think you should be there for her, but not too much, cause if you do too much, she will want to use you as an "escape"

Wether I think she likes you or not, hell yea (IMHO) but it "might" be a backlash (right word) of anger.

So best wait till she is surely single before you step foot in a relationship, lest you get hurt !

She is a confused young lady... ardent pursuit of her now would only add to her confusion. In essence you would MAKE her choose and that easily backfires.

Instead, add to her composure. Tell her that you find her very attractive and special and that you would like to be the man in her life.

BUT...

You know she is in a relationship now and respect that. If she becomes free and might be interested in you that would be wonderful... please let you know.

Then back off. Make her see that you are not wrapped around her finger, and that, if she wants you, she must end the other relationship. Don't be harsh in any way. Just "have a life".

proceed with extreme caution.
    is she really interested or yanking your chain, the "shoulder to cry on"?
    you don't want to be the sympathy guy...
    my advice- don't be too available or appear too eager. if she wants to come to you, let her. don't chase her around. let her split up with her loser b/f and chase YOU instead.

Talking How to steal someone's girlfriend

Don't blame me if this doesn't work.

http://www.girlfriendstealer.com/chick/
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

SLC,

Your advice actually worked for a guy I ended up dating and having a wonderful relationship with. But, that was the two of us.

Phil,

I wish I knew what you should do. Life would be really easy if other people could tell us exactly what to do and be right. I wonder why she's still with that jerk. She might be attracted to jerks. There are women like that. There are men like that, too.

Robin
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Sorry, according to Ladder Theory you don't have a chance.

(edit - that should be www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html
    - damn swear filter)
    Last edited by wooha; 03-21-2003 at 07:32 AM.